All I want is something that can natively play 720p mkv videos and output it thru HDMI with no lag whatsoever! And a 64gb is a required for me as well. Am I really asking for that much?

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
All this stuff about dualcore is just soo hyped.

Are we sure those handset who has dualcore is really is optimized yet for dualcore?

I am not an expert but I am sure dualcore is not the only thing that makes the phone fast/best. We have seen it before with Qualcom 800mhz vs Cortex A8 600Mhz.

The same goes for mobilecameras is like when manufactors make us think 12mpix mobilecamera is better than a DSLR camera of 6mpix. 12 mpix on a mobile camera is so damn pointless when the sensor is so damn small. Yet people a dumb enough buy theyr arguments and think its better. Some maybe even think 12mpix mobilecamera is better than 6mpix DSLR camera.
Thing is, Nokia aren't going to be able to explain that on a billboard advert. your average consumer is going to say, "the xPhone's got dual core, nokia hasn't. xPhone's better. xPhone's got 12mp camera, nokia's got 10mp. xPhone's gonna take better pictures. Nokia's got 1024x768 resolution, but xPhone has retina display. xPhone screen is as hi rez as an eyeball. xPhone's better'

God, it annoys the hell out of me, I don't know how it must feel to actually be one of the team behind a product like that...

I am not an expert but I am sure dualcore is not the only thing that makes the phone fast/best. We have seen it before with Qualcom 800mhz vs Cortex A8 600Mhz.
Actually, we have not."Cortex A8" means an ARM CPU core that ARM licenses to SoC makers. "Qualcomm 800MHz" denotes a Qualcomm SoC, that may (Snapdragon) or may not be based on the Cortex A8 core. So, your statement makes no sense.

I don't know if people understand this.
But we've had a change in the mobile industry.

Today it's all about "the battle of the hardware".

Seems nokia is lagged behind here once again.

Originally Posted by eikido View Post
I don't know if people understand this.
But we've had a change in the mobile industry.

Today it's all about "the battle of the hardware".

Seems nokia is lagged behind here once again.
No, its the battle of the bullsh*t, the 4 year old Nokia N95 has a better quality camera than the cheapo HTC desire.

The numbers can be twisted and are by each company.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
No, its the battle of the bullsh*t, the 4 year old Nokia N95 has a better quality camera than the cheapo HTC desire.

The numbers can be twisted and are by each company.
Actually it is the imaginary battle of the bullsh*t. It is not even real and certainly not relevant or known to 95% of the users. I mean: looks nice, plays angry birds, cousing got one = have to get one.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
All this stuff about dualcore is just soo hyped.
Hype it may well be, but this level of hardware sophistication is now a reality and any company launching a single core device today (or in Nokias case, in another 2-3 months) and then claiming it as their flagship product is going to be compared negatively with these more powerful devices (which may even be cheaper by the time Nokia get around to launching their N9-whatever).

The truth is that MeeGo has been anticipated for so long, and with MeeGo hyped as the "saviour of Nokia" by engadget m0r0ns it would be a grave mistake to then launch MeeGo on last years hardware.

MeeGo must be launched on some mind blowing hardware - whether it needs it or not - in order to help in the uphill struggle to grab mindshare and show that Nokia can compete with the new Smartphone juggernauts Apple and Google. Launching MeeGo on mediocre hardware is simply going to put a hole below the waterline.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2011-01-24 at 14:29.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Lol, Nokia is finished if they don't have a dual core at least.

PS: I already counted Nokia out last year when they failed to bring out Meego/N9.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I hope for the most part this means "MeeGo Harmattan" is scrapped. Please.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Heard that the N9 had been canned unofficially earlier this week. Aparently it'll exist as an internal dev platform. News from inside nokia is strangely silent on this, I get the general feeling that Nokia is now completely rudderless. - Unless this is an absolutely quality double cross by Nokia to mislead Eldar and the market !

I've seen the other pics of a new device - one I've never seen in the flesh. I suspect its based on a new hardware config that we never got to handle (before we got our marching orders).
I hope Nokia can turn this around and out the door quick - the delay of the E7 (based on v****/N8) was depressingly familar. The cancelling of the N9 is just the cherry on top of a **** sandwich.

When Elop finally finishes his world wide tour of Nokia sites I hope he can find time to actually spell out what he wants Nokia TO ACTUALLY DO !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemon_grass For This Useful Post:

Tags
cia debunked, its true, n9 is a myth, no kia, scifi, top secret