Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think this is a very unique idea.

it's a higher form of slavery where the slaves have to pay some monetary value for the privilege to be enslaved.
It is the way of the world ysss so me might as well be a slave to something we enjoy .

To create organisation that has a purpose with rules applied, thus successful in its aims is not a bad idea ?.

What was the end result of the current forum as in Maemo.org if it is not being faced with closure and all because of wasted talent not directed where it should have gone due to lack of rules and proper guidence and testing etc etc, allbeit Nokia did not help.

Take what has already been achieved and use it to the best advantage for the future of FOSS .

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
It is the way of the world ysss so me might as well be a slave to something we enjoy .

To create organisation that has a purpose with rules applied, thus successful in its aims is not a bad idea ?.

What was the end result of the current forum as in Maemo.org if it is not being faced with closure and all because of wasted talent not directed where it should have gone due to lack of rules and proper guidence and testing etc etc, allbeit Nokia did not help.

Take what has already been achieved and use it to the best advantage for the future of FOSS .
The problem with your line of thought is that you're applying (faux) solutions to a non existent problem.

We are 'here' not because lack of funding nor due to rowdy forum exchanges.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
How can you say there is no problems when this community is even suggesting closure and the current state of Maemo for what ever reasons?.

Being "here" is not achieving what should be happening simply because the organisation behind it is not able to move forward, all because it relied upon a company for it's resources that has moved away from the total purpose of this community.

And FOSS can not be associated with Maemo because of its incomplete "openess", so you got to start at the beggining and that means rules and regulations to move forward in a way that is productive, can do that on here as it is ? i dont think so somehow.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Don't work on communities that are free to join because any twit can join it just to create arguments among members.
Irony......

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Irony......
This is a perfect example of non productivity on a forum that should be productive.

The bull bolted long time ago on here long before i ever became a member i might add ! and if my memory serves me right you got a ban for your behaviour on here yes !.

Pot calling the kettle black

The End is Coming: What do we do next?
i tell you what i just did, i just bought four 16GB HP touchpad's from amazon for £89 apiece.

and i have to tell you guys, much as i love the N9 and sincerely want to own one i refuse to be ripped off by paying £520 for one sim-free because there are no subsidised contracts to be had, especially when there exists the potential of picking up a Pre3 for 80 euros sim-free as people in Germany have been doing.

after all, it's not as if i am unfamiliar with supporting dead platforms, now is it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
i tell you what i just did, i just bought four 16GB HP touchpad's from amazon for £89 apiece.

and i have to tell you guys, much as i love the N9 and sincerely want to own one i refuse to be ripped off by paying £520 for one sim-free because there are no subsidised contracts to be had, especially when there exists the potential of picking up a Pre3 for 80 euros sim-free as people in Germany have been doing.

after all, it's not as if i am unfamiliar with supporting dead platforms, now is it!
One of the biggest problems on here is everyone has idea's and they rant on about them all day long and guess what..... NOTHING changes on here nothing moves in a forward direction.

Seems they all wait for Nokia to pull the plug then they close it all down, such good idea's and they are neither taken up nor moved on in any way or form.

In the meantime people move on away from Maemo.org like the above post, THAT is irony !.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
How can you say there is no problems when this community is even suggesting closure and the current state of Maemo for what ever reasons?
You misunderstood my point (and many others).

Is the 'end of maemo' due to:

1. Lack of funding by/for this community?
2. Some rowdy crowd in this community?

The answer is no to both questions.

I think you're also trapped in some sort of 'hero syndrome' where you're taking stances and acting out scenes from heroic movies (?) to gather the support of community toward your imaginary utopia where everything will bend toward your will somehow.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
This is a perfect example of non productivity on a forum that should be productive.

The bull bolted long time ago on here long before i ever became a member i might add ! and if my memory serves me right you got a ban for your behaviour on here yes !.

Pot calling the kettle black
Just to clarify I have never been banned for my behaviour.

Have you considered applying for a marketing job at Microsoft?

Your ability to spread FUD is impressive.

Personally, I think this community is doing just fine. As far as I can tell "The End" is not coming. This is one of the reasons I bought the N900 - when corporations f*** up and render a product prematurely obsolete "the community" usually pick things up and run with it.

FOSS is alive and well - my n900 depends on it and many contributers are doing an outstanding job.

My only worry is what will happen to all the repositories in the long term. Ideally members (who are able to) will start mirroring the repositories across the internet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
One of the biggest problems on here is everyone has idea's and they rant on about them all day long and guess what..... NOTHING changes on here nothing moves in a forward direction.

Seems they all wait for Nokia to pull the plug then they close it all down, such good idea's and they are neither taken up nor moved on in any way or form.

In the meantime people move on away from Maemo.org like the above post, THAT is irony !.
i haven't jumped yet.

for some reason i'm still holding on hoping that a UK carrier will pick it up on a subsidised contract.

http://jedibeeftrix.wordpress.com/20...-the-carriers/

but if the HP firesale spreads to the Pre3, and i can get one for £80, the matter may be decided then and there.

this is what frustrates me, the N9 may lose from shear lack of involvement in the conversation, where is it!

Tags
community, discussion, doom!, future, gloom!, meego, patience, qole rocks, smilebehappy:)