Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
*lol*

Hey shin, looks like I wasn't the only one having trouble getting the timing just right to open up the alarm feature with your clock.

Check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySUOv...QY&feature=sub

It's around 2:15 where it happens.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
The best way to get this more simply...and more usefull...its to create an option in the setting of the applet... for when you one click or double click....you can execute command you want it....like this you can command to open your favorite application or whatever commands...

the big clue....its in personnal launcher application...

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...rsonal-launch/

Yes in fact, this application suggest to you to create an hildon applet application launcher...somes icon on your desktop...and when you click on it...that open it an application (executer in background by a command)

so when you open the setting of this applet, you see you have a row for your icon at the left side....if you click the pencil for custumize your icon you see this menu :

Like you see in this screenshot....you have the option to point one command to execute at root or/and terminal and you see an option for DBUS too

i think its possible to take this code and adapted for all your applet (ring clock svgclock and flipcalendar)

yes....you can make abstraction of icon cause your icon is your applet...

but iam shure we can find a way to take the ''command'' option whith root and put this in option of any applet...

like this in double-click...we got the application you want open it like a charm....or others commands too

i make more investigation on this case...cause...why limited double or simple clicked at ONE application...when you have a good code for coocking a Full application routing for any desktop-applet

follow more soon
Finaly after a time...no answer fromm de develloper of the launcher ...iam lost cause i dont know a lot coding...

but iam shure all is here somewhere for be placed for us

i mean...this ''command'' setting in applet is probably very simple to implamented to any applet (in maemo5 too) and probably be a good trick for a future...double click = execute command

its logical

so i going this week-end...read and look all source code of ''Personnal launcher'' for find a part where is this ''command'' setting

follow soon...but just if i have a couple YES from others interested by that...
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Last edited by LABAUDIO; 2010-05-07 at 05:11.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
Originally Posted by shin View Post
That is a super cool desktop/theme !!

I am happy to see many creative ideas on decorating the NITs with the SVGClock / Ring Clock coming up . The one I liked the most was LABAUDIO's idea on the SVG Clock themes to match the BORG look & feel .. He seem to have released it at www.gnome-look.org too!

I'am suprised to see finaly my theme is Font themable yes

i created in .svg whith BORG.ttf font in inkscape...

if you dont have a borg.ttf font file in /usr/share/fonts your are not able to see the real result of my theme...

if you create a .svg whit a special font, the .svg process in the applet need font in the fonts folder system too héhé

be carefull...or let me know if you know how make font fusionated whith the .svg...maybe...
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

Last edited by LABAUDIO; 2010-05-07 at 05:43.