Notices

Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Installing both brainparty and frogatto works just fine - just make sure that your libsdl-ttf2.0-0 package is the latest version (-maemo3).
The package you say is not available in extras or extras-testing:

~ $ apt-cache policy libsdl-ttf2.0-0
libsdl-ttf2.0-0:
Installed: 2.0.9-1maemo2
Candidate: 2.0.9-1maemo2
Version table:
*** 2.0.9-1maemo2 0
500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.2/free Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

It is available in extras-devel:

~ $ apt-cache policy libsdl-ttf2.0-0
libsdl-ttf2.0-0:
Installed: 2.0.9-1maemo2
Candidate: 2.0.9-1maemo3
Version table:
2.0.9-1maemo3 0
500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free Packages
*** 2.0.9-1maemo2 0
500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.2/free Packages
500 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Isn't this a blocker for promotion to extras? Shouldn't the updated package hit extras before the game so you can have both games installed?

Thanks,

Last edited by javiermon; 2010-09-06 at 22:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Super cool game!
Love the graphic and the smoothness, thank you!

I've tried upgrading the package from extras with no luck:

~ $ rootsh apt-get install --reinstall libsdl-ttf2.0-0=2.0.9-1maemo3
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libsdl-ttf2.0 libsdl-ttf2.0-0
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libsdl-ttf2.0
The following packages will be upgraded:
libsdl-ttf2.0-0
1 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 41 not upgraded.
Need to get 2492B/16,0kB of archives.
After this operation, 28,7kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free libsdl-ttf2.0-0 2.0.9-1maemo3 [2492B]
Fetched 2492B in 0s (9690B/s)
(Reading database ... 27252 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libsdl-ttf2.0 (from .../libsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9-1osso0+0m5_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9-1osso0+0m5_armel.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0.6.3', which is also in package libsdl-ttf2.0-0
Preparing to replace libsdl-ttf2.0-0 2.0.9-1maemo2 (using .../libsdl-ttf2.0-0_2.0.9-1maemo3_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libsdl-ttf2.0-0 ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libsdl-ttf2.0_2.0.9-1osso0+0m5_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

i've got same problem as above javiermon and i've also noticed that after all this trying of installing of frogato my rootfs has gone down to 35 mb from 49 mb! is this normal? ive tried uninstallin few apps but rootfs still pretty much stuck on 35 mb. is der any way to clean rootfs up to increase space?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
The package you say is not available in extras or extras-testing:
[...]
Isn't this a blocker for promotion to extras? Shouldn't the updated package hit extras before the game so you can have both games installed?
Uh oh, right. In theory libsdl-ttf2.0-0 (<= 2.0.9-1maemo2) should have never made it into extras in its current form. In practice, it's there now and there is no clean upgrade path to 2.0.9-1maemo3 yet. I'll try and remove the SDL_ttf dependency from Frogatto to fix this.

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
I've tried upgrading the package from extras with no luck:
You have to remove libsdl-ttf2.0-0 first, explanation here.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
i've got same problem as above javiermon and i've also noticed that after all this trying of installing of frogato my rootfs has gone down to 35 mb from 49 mb! is this normal? ive tried uninstallin few apps but rootfs still pretty much stuck on 35 mb. is der any way to clean rootfs up to increase space?
List all your installed packages with dpkg -l or dpkg --get-selections and look for unneeded packages.
Check the dependencies of frogatto-engine (and their dependencies) to see what was installed with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pH5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland

If you have problems installing it due to a libsdl-ttf2.0 conflict, check out the "Problem with libsdl-ttf2.0" thread..
I could not install. I do not know if this is the same problem because App Manager did not report anything else than "Can't install" after downloading all data.

Uh oh, right. In theory libsdl-ttf2.0-0 (<= 2.0.9-1maemo2) should have never made it into extras in its current form. In practice, it's there now and there is no clean upgrade path to 2.0.9-1maemo3 yet. I'll try and remove the SDL_ttf dependency from Frogatto to fix this.

You have to remove libsdl-ttf2.0-0 first, explanation here.

List all your installed packages with dpkg -l or dpkg --get-selections and look for unneeded packages.
Check the dependencies of frogatto-engine (and their dependencies) to see what was installed with it.
Thanks, managed to upgrade the package and now both games are installed, nice package and nice game btw.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Yaaay, I found a bug on this game. Donno if it's a N900 issue or not but check the screenshot that I took.

It lags very much at the place where I took the screenshot (it's right before the first Boss comes, with the missiles that he shoots at you). It happens when you're close to the water.

Also, there are noticable glitches at the top to be screen.

It's not that bad but, hey... a bug/glitch is a bug/glitch :P (or is this one a feature? heheh)
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Greetings.

I'm very new to programming and using x-terminal but I do love this game and I did install it two days ago and it worked just fine. Though yesterday it just stopped working, crashing while trying to start the game. I first tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but no success there (thought it was wierd that the app manager sais it's only a 4kb download). I read some posts here and tried typing "dpkg --force-all -r libsdl-ttf2.0-0" in the terminal but the answer i get is "dpkg: operation requires read/write access to dpkg status are a".

Could anyone help me in and explain in a way a newcomer could understand?

Big thanks in advance
/ Mattias

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Greetings.

I'm very new to programming and using x-terminal but I do love this game and I did install it two days ago and it worked just fine. Though yesterday it just stopped working, crashing while trying to start the game. I first tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but no success there (thought it was wierd that the app manager sais it's only a 4kb download). I read some posts here and tried typing "dpkg --force-all -r libsdl-ttf2.0-0" in the terminal but the answer i get is "dpkg: operation requires read/write access to dpkg status are a".

Could anyone help me in and explain in a way a newcomer could understand?

Big thanks in advance
/ Mattias
I'm not expert, but this may be because you were not using the dpkg command as root. If you have rootsh installed, first type "sudo gainroot" and enter. Then you can use the dpkg command to make the changes you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post: