Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
I'm pretty sure that nobody lost as much as I did: 1646 of hard earned karma points! I demand a recount!
Hey, it's so bad that thp pulled back ahead of me! And thoughtfix, who is off on other things, is back ahead of qole!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Holy cow! Why am I ranked so high? Is it a bug?
Apparently the new scoring scheme really really likes bloggers, and since your bug jars count as blogs...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Apparently the new scoring scheme really really likes bloggers, and since your bug jars count as blogs...
Sheesh, and just this morning I was explaining to someone that I don't have a blog.

Well, I'm sure this will touch off the next round of karma formula refinements. There's no way my name can be left there above those who do real work.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sheesh, and just this morning I was explaining to someone that I don't have a blog.

Well, I'm sure this will touch off the next round of karma formula refinements. There's no way my name can be left there above those who do real work.
Oh quit with the humility. Your bug reporting is extremely valuable, and if it isn't automated, is something that would make me nuts doing.

But back to...

Holy cow! Why am I ranked so high? Is it a bug?
I do love the irony.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Ouch, man, that stings. Bugzilla sure took a beating. Not in love with the fact that the top 10 Bugzilla contributors in bug reports and comments earned only 1188 karma between them. While the top 10 bloggers have earned 7249 karma between them in a single category, and the top 10 Talk contributors in Thanks! and posts have earned 5601 between them.

Oh well.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2010-02-20 at 00:15. Reason: Forgot to add links

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Ouch, man, that stings. Bugzilla sure took a beating. Not in love with the fact that the top 10 Bugzilla contributors in bug reports and comments earned only 1188 karma between them. While the top 10 bloggers have earned 7249 karma between them in a single category, and the top 10 Talk contributors in Thanks! and posts have earned 5601 between them.

Oh well.
Well, that's a bug among others it seems, we didn't proposed any alteration to bugzilla karma, nor for favs that is also very low.

Also there was a bug with the blogs karma, we reduced it (now max.10p) and guess what my blog karma is suddenly 3 times more oh my.

Perhaps the blogs metrics need to be revised

Last edited by VDVsx; 2010-02-20 at 00:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Perhaps the blogs metrics need to be revised
Here's another one that ought to be revised, and why not completely removed: Groups!

The first one in that list has 162 group karma points, and those are all of his karma points.

Also, if you look at jakunnar's profile, you'll notice that he has 0.7 karma points from favourites, however they're not counted in his total...

Not that I'm asking karma points be revised to take tenths and hundredths in the final number, but 0.7 is closer to one than it is to 0, so why not 163 karma points?

If it is so easy to get karma points through groups, I'm going to start making a list and request to join every single group on garage... If not, what's the interest? It doesn't count contributions, just membership, which is worthless; so why not remove it outright?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I totaly agree with you. The bugzilla contributions seem to count much less and other forms of contribution are counted to much.

If I have a look into my actual karma count I see:
82 point for t.m.o thanks
89 points for mediawiki edits
64 point for bugs reported in bugzilla

If I ask myself how I invest my spare time into mamo.org I would answer I am using 70% of time to report and handle bugs and I also invest much more time into t.m.o than into edit pages in the wiki.

Beside of this I think a wiki edit is more worth than a t.m.o.

All in all bug reporting / triaging should bring more points. I don't need much karma points but there should be a signal to everyone who is willing to invest time into th maemo community: "Reporting bugs is important and a good way to get karma points." At the moment the signal is: "Post as much as you can to t.m.o."

Just my 2 cent...err karma points

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
I totaly agree with you. The bugzilla contributions seem to count much less and other forms of contribution are counted to much.

If I have a look into my actual karma count I see:
82 point for t.m.o thanks
89 points for mediawiki edits
64 point for bugs reported in bugzilla

If I ask myself how I invest my spare time into mamo.org I would answer I am using 70% of time to report and handle bugs and I also invest much more time into t.m.o than into edit pages in the wiki.

Beside of this I think a wiki edit is more worth than a t.m.o.

All in all bug reporting / triaging should bring more points. I don't need much karma points but there should be a signal to everyone who is willing to invest time into th maemo community: "Reporting bugs is important and a good way to get karma points." At the moment the signal is: "Post as much as you can to t.m.o."

Just my 2 cent...err karma points
Please, this is a bug as I said no need to make a storm around that, I can't fix it otherwise would be fixed for sure.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Please, this is a bug as I said no need to make a storm around that, I can't fix it otherwise would be fixed for sure.
Ooops, you are right and you already wrote it. I'll write to the blackboard for hundred times: "I will read all posts following the post I'll answer to before I write an answer!"

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post: