newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
From Thomas Junnonen:

A new version of the Bluetooth keyboard plugin is available [LINK:
http://770.fs-security.com/keyboards.html] here

New stuff:
- You can search for keyboards and choose a specific one to connect to.
- You can pair the keyboard to the 770. Once paired, powering on the
keyboard will associate it with the 770 and you can simply start
typing away. Convenient!
- You can choose a keyboard layout, currently I have a Scandinavian
and a German layout bundled. Send me your layout if you want
it included (see the hacking section on the homepage).
- Matthew`s screen blanking fix is integrated (thanks!), but it doesn`t
seem to work all the time, needs some looki...
Read the full article.

Live via tapping 770:

Get out!!

Was just about to use my BT KB when I saw this!

D/Led. Now to play.

Back soon.

Is there any way to enjoy both benefits (screen blanking fix and localized layout) with plain old USB keyboards ?...

When I choose "Select keyboard from list" it says "Searching for devices" infinitely... It never stops.

That option could be a solution for me, cos I have a keyboard from Omiz (this one) that wasn't recognized by bluetooth plugin v0.2.2.

Hi, thanks for this, I can confirm that it also works with the freedom mini. (even though the old version also did)

I notice that there still is a problem with that KB and boxes in forums and things. Just like this one. Any lower case char works fine, but if you hold hold caps, or symbol shift (for any punctuation) it draws a square, and then refuses to type any character correctly until you delete that square.

Does not happen inside notes + url boxes of the broswer, everything works great there.

Originally Posted by Rezzo
When I choose "Select keyboard from list" it says "Searching for devices" infinitely... It never stops.
Live via 770 with *Bluetooth keyboard*

It was coincidental that I had my BT KB out when replying to this. Why should I bloody tap-tap when I can type?!

!@#$%^&*()
_+
=-
><,.{}][:"';
~`

It seems I don' t have any problems getting all the keyboard characters in this text box. What problems are other people having?

Anyway, yes, it seems to never stop Searching -- but you should see your keyboard in the list of found devices. Click on it and the Search stops.

See my "blog" for my adventure with the latest driver.

Last edited by Mike Cane; 2006-01-16 at 23:51. Reason: typos!

I now have an apple bluetooth keyboard working with the new version of the plugin (this reply from the 770). It seems to be working fine, no problems WITH CAPS! or other shifted characters (!@#$%^&*).

I have had a couple of complete 770 resets when I was first trying to get it to pair but now it seems to just work. Thanks for making this available.

Hmm... still have the same issue with the Think Outside keyboard right or left FN key shifted characters, which include all the numbers, and multi-line browser text fields where the keyboard spews junk while either FN key is held down. Works perfectly for single line browser text entry fields, for example Google search.

Started playing with XEV and XMODMAP to see if I can make some sense of the raw data, but its not clear to me that this is an issue fixable just with a key map mod, seems like the modifier key key code which is properly ignored by the single line entry isn't ignored by the multiline entry, looking at the stream of events in XEV, I do see the correct shifted key codes along with events indicating the shifts. At least I think that's what I'm seeing... This is all new to me, I'm a windows hardware driver developer by profession...

Anyone else having any better luck with the Think Outside keyboard?

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited by eskin; 2006-01-17 at 04:34.

Michael, look for the recent ThinkOutside thread where a xmodmap solution is posted!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Hi, greatly, thanks for this.