Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amazon-Belém
ALERT! You must use this at you risk, the installation process might damage your system and you may not be able to use your tablet. We try our best, but it comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. Usage of the instructions above is on your own risk. We also recommend to make full backup before installation.

I working on a new theme, using things from freDiablo theme and LinuxMint theme, this not have left bar like freDiablo and uses white backs and small fonts like LinuxMint...

I must upload a .deb this week....

How to install:
unzip ThinkLinux-alfa.zip
unLzma/untar ThinkLinux-alfa.tar.lzma to /usr/share/themes

unzip ThinkLinux-icons.zip to /usr/share/icons

Copy Application Menu to statusbar plugin floder:
Code:
cp /usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/applications-menu.desktop /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/
Add (if not already!) this lines to end of file /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/statusbar.conf
Code:
[/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/applications-menu.desktop]
X-Load=true
Change this line on file /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/desktop.conf in [Tasknavigator] section
Code:
X-Size-Height=0
I used it with 6 icons on statusbar!

more info on
[Theme]Fremantle for Diablo's topic

######### Alfa 2, version (code not here) ##########
I added the switcher (next command), replaced minimize button.
Font 14, vertical align and justify to right on Application title.

I using NSP2 a math software like octave but 100 times more fast, and not needs gnuplot try it!!! .

######### Alfa 3, version (code here) ##########
Coping Application Menu to StatusBar plugin folder, made it not lost on try manage statusbar icons.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip ThinkLinux-icons.zip (27.4 KB, 271 views)
File Type: zip ThinkLinux-alfa3.tar.lzma.zip (442.7 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-04-23 at 12:17.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anunakin For This Useful Post:
ALERT! By using widethemed-remover, this package will restore the configuration of the desktop, and should not be removed or the system stops working, just remove it if you install the package widethemed. The reason is that it restores the system and its files are part of the original theme of the system and without them the tablet will not work.

I added 3 .deb files to my ropository:
1. The hack: widethemed_0.0.1-armel.deb
2. The thema: thinklinux-theme_0.0.8-armel.deb
3. The remover: widethemed-remover_0.0.1-armel.deb (dont uninstall it! or ...)

Attached Images

Last edited by Anunakin; 2010-01-29 at 19:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Anunakin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Thats cool!
I tried it and its pretty nice, but I can't turn on the Applications button (in the top-right on your screenshot), in the Control Panel → Panels the checkbox is "gray" and empty, i cant use it.
I have a tiny white line on the left side of the screen (from the top to the bottom) and if I tap on this line in different spots I can see my Contacts, Tear bookmarks and Applications menu (like the Navigator bar didn't disappear fully and a tiny line of it left and works). Unfortunately this line is invisible on my screenshots so i can't show it to you.
Any help?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Thats cool!
I tried it and its pretty nice, but I can't turn on the Applications button (in the top-right on your screenshot), in the Control Panel → Panels the checkbox is "gray" and empty, i cant use it.
I have a tiny white line on the left side of the screen (from the top to the bottom) and if I tap on this line in different spots I can see my Contacts, Tear bookmarks and Applications menu (like the Navigator bar didn't disappear fully and a tiny line of it left and works). Unfortunately this line is invisible on my screenshots so i can't show it to you.
Any help?
Thanks!
I have updated my theme, try it...
widethemed_0.0.2-armel.deb
thinklinux-theme_0.1-armel.deb
widethemed-remover_0.0.2-armel.deb

Originally Posted by Anunakin View Post
I have updated my theme, try it...
I have installed this versions of your theme and the problem i found using this versions. (I'm using the last version)
I installed it because your links in the second post was dead, so i went to http://maemo.vivaphp.net/pool/ and downloaded new one.

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
I have installed this versions of your theme and the problem i found using this versions. (I'm using the last version)
I installed it because your links in the second post was dead, so i went to http://maemo.vivaphp.net/pool/ and downloaded new one.
Try install again! or :

Like root:
chown -R user:users /home/user/.osso

sudo chown -R user:users /home/user/.osso
chown: /home/user/.osso/tutorial/tutorial/lock: No such file or directory
~ $

But I reinstalled it and it works good now. Thanks.
I found the... hm... bug. If i turn on more than 5 applets (Advanced Backlight, load applet etc) the Application button goes out of the screen (I can see only 1/3 of the button). Can you make that if i turn on more than 5 applets the applets area will expand to the right side, not to the left. Where is a lot of free space in this bar to expand.
And can u make next thing: all running applications will shows near "close" button like icons (not the text). cause i don't know how many applications are running in this moment till I press the home (hardware) button.

I do love your theme!

Hm, I copied switcher-menu.desktop from hildon-navigator to hildon-status-bar. Now I can see all my applications if tap on this button. But the icon is too big for status-bar, so it needs in new one. Can you tell me where are the icons stored? Or if you like this idea you can make it by yourself.
And where I can find a picture for the statusbar background? I want to try change it a bit.

My .deb do all hard work ...
The icon for switcher-menu is found here:
/usr/share/icons/<THEME NAME>

Yep, i broke Hildon when i played with desktop.conf file.
I have to reflash my device

I fixed it!

P.S. Thanks. I'm waiting a new versions of your theme

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-02-05 at 21:20.

Tags
maemo4, theme release