Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Help....would anyone explain whats dis thread all about ..take a bit time n put a mildly concise note on this have gone through the thread n related threads frm couple of years but cant get it
Thanks for going back on topic :-)
This thread is about a simple referendum that changes rather not-dramatic minor details in the rules that your council is based on, so your council can fulfill its task as Hildon Foundation council. Since such referendum is needed to change those rules, and a referendum needs a 4 week discussion phase before the voting starts, we're doing this discussion phase here, and we basically asked for community input if we have missed out on any implications with those changes that would create problems we haven't seen yet. Alas the whole thread turned into a discussion about conspiracy and an obscure "power-grabbing" - you can safely ignore all related posts, no such thing is involved in the rule changes we are asking community to approve.

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^Thanx for quick replypeace in mind can u let me know what HIFO is upto . what it aims to be and why it exists .whats up with maemo what the borad is supposed for . Is it all upto setting new servers to keep maemo repos up? Whats the future of maemo after n900 as i see only that running it

sorry for bombarding but cant resist myself to clear all these as i was just a user who didnt botherd on all thease .
It might be late . Finally m concerned on all thease and wanna see a bright future of the community also do post about my writing what mistakes i make is it upto par??

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
HiFo is http://hildonfoundation.org/about/, an entity founded basically by last council and a few other volunteers to inherit maemo from Nokia, since this can't be done by council due to council lacking a legal status that allows e.g. signing of contracts. Last elections not only elected this council but also the first regular HiFo BoD.
Going into more detail regarding HiFo and your other questions would kill this thread. I'm sure you can find the relevant threads here in tmo via search function, now that you got a starting point.

cheers
jOERG

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Have gone through them previously anyway i will use the search which i rarely use insted i go though pages routinely thanx for all the help

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
IIRC this may have been explained already so apologies in advance...
But I once had a higher Karma than I do now, it seems to be missing a bunch of categories that added greatly to it.
It may simply be that aspects of Karma are still broken ATM, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
IIRC this may have been explained already so apologies in advance...
But I once had a higher Karma than I do now, it seems to be missing a bunch of categories that added greatly to it.
It may simply be that aspects of Karma are still broken ATM, right?
Right, that's why we decided to allow voting regardless of karma this single time.
see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89711 - Elections Eligibility Criteria -

/j

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
just wondering... I have no karma
so that means I am not eligible to vote, right...

Propably that's okay since I tend to always vote the wrong candidated anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
You do, but the Karma isn't being calculated properly (automatically anyway, you can work out your Karma manually using the rules here) , so as Joerg just stated in the previous post, voting is open to ALL community members.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
[...]

So yep, probably you're only trolling, you posting some funny by being unrelated golden rules doesn't help that fact.
final troll...
you are a PR disaster

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Hi. Complete tangent.

I was asked by an email to come here and find out more about the vote.

I haven't been an active member of this community in 3ish years. Heck, I wasn't really active for a year or so before that, but I've been just about completely non-active for those 3 years.

Why am I still being asked to vote? I have my reasons for not deleting my account, but it's a bit annoying to get asked every so often "hey, come vote for this project that you aren't involved in anymore, and that might actually be a conflict of interest for you to be voting about*".

(* 3 years ago I changed jobs to work at Apple)

Did I miss an option in my account that says "don't bug me about voting"? If so, please let me know about it.

If not, if no such option exists -- please make one. Yesterday.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:

Tags
voting