Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Funny thing that i told they still have problems with display, but do not tell it as it's bad PR.
Well, yeah! It IS bad PR. I mean look at what they've got now -- crowds of folks screaming at them about how they are an awful company, that they are idiots, that they are going to take their business elsewhere. When the only thing that happened is that their subcontractor got a part wrong, it needed to get fixed, and it DID get fixed. This stuff happens in the real world all the time.

But yeah, they shared info, otherwise what you expected? They would delay without telling anything?
Given the reaction by folks when they did provide info, I'd have to say yeah, delaying without giving a reason seems to have no downside.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
Must say. I don't buy that "better screen" thing.. What did happened SailfishOS first demo hw and then actually hw was far from it! I think: "we found cheaper screen and it has to hack/hammer to fit in".

Next they update a charge plug and ask 4month more :/? I think Jollas devs are that good, that one screen not take that long or why they even pick that on the first place? Too less information about it.

And please Jolla, if you read this! You can not say at every dead line: "we need more time"! You should say it sooner! Then it will be fine. It is like you give us a lollipop, when we unscroll it, you take it away and say: "you can eat it in next month".
I guess you have not worked on a HW company especially not in small company!? Because if you did you should know that it's not a simple task make everything work out as expected. If you are a tiny company like Jolla it is hard to get components, test stuff and make everything work in short time. Big manufacturers of, for example TFT screen, is not that interested in a small company as Jolla.

It's simple: the screen company X may say "Hey we have a good screen for you" and that probably means some untested screen that is not fully tested in production.

Then later Jolla see a lot of problems and then everyone blame Jolla instead of, in this case, the screen company.

The true is: If Jolla fails to deliver the big screen company takes no risk but Jolla may go bankruptcy, Now this is the crude market! We, as customer, can cry as much as you want but this is how it works.

There is always stuff that changes we may not see those problems when choose Apple, Samsung or whatever but they are there. In big companies they shut up about those problems and moves on without you as customer knows it. Jolla or other small companies can not do that. They have to tell the true when they must.

But everybody on this forum should know that Jolla Tablet was a prototype in February. Not some product that Apple/Samsung has created and ready for roll out a month later!

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I guess you have not worked on a HW company especially not in small company!? Because if you did you should know that it's not a simple task make everything work out as expected. If you are a tiny company like Jolla it is hard to get components, test stuff and make everything work in short time. Big manufacturers of, for example TFT screen, is not that interested in a small company as Jolla.

It's simple: the screen company X may say "Hey we have a good screen for you" and that probably means some untested screen that is not fully tested in production.

Then later Jolla see a lot of problems and then everyone blame Jolla instead of, in this case, the screen company.

The true is: If Jolla fails to deliver the big screen company takes no risk but Jolla may go bankruptcy, Now this is the crude market! We, as customer, can cry as much as you want but this is how it works.

There is always stuff that changes we may not see those problems when choose Apple, Samsung or whatever but they are there. In big companies they shut up about those problems and moves on without you as customer knows it. Jolla or other small companies can not do that. They have to tell the true when they must.

But everybody on this forum should know that Jolla Tablet was a prototype in February. Not some product that Apple/Samsung has created and ready for roll out a month later!
those reasonings, if so, are just plain silly. at least if that is how Jolla decided on the screen.
I really, really, hope not.
Even as a single individual developer, I personally ask for testing samples, before even considering buying even smaller deliveries.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Even as a single individual developer, I personally ask for testing samples, before even considering buying even smaller deliveries.

It sure looks to me like they got plenty of testing samples. Apparently, the problem was either something subtle, or something that only showed up when producing the tablet in volume...

Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
It sure looks like a lot of things, but the point is that no one knows, as Jolla didn't say a word about it, while at the same time raising the backers expectations with catch words as "openness", "unlike" or "people powered", and much worse the blog post they offered "soon" (but already 3 month ago, was the 23th of April) with the details is not there yet...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What is jolla planning to do With the tablet now? 1,5 months of what? Nothing.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What is jolla planning to do With the tablet now? 1,5 months of what? Nothing.
They are adding 3g just for you!

What is jolla planning to do With the tablet now? 1,5 months of what?
Hmm. Within the next month or so, they'll need to:
  • Ramp up production of tablets, wherever they are being manufactured, to an appropriate level
  • Get early production tablets into the hands of developers / beta-testers
  • Retrieve (and act upon) data provided by those testers
  • Finalize shipping details for the 10000 or so people who have pre-ordered the tablet
  • Start shipping the tablet to those 10000 people
  • Continue improving and selling Sailfish, which is their real job -- this tablet isn't actually how the company intends to make money, after all!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
They are adding 3g just for you!
Yeah...that would be something!

The new wait is a bit Boring lately.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Yeah...that would be something!

The new wait is a bit Boring lately.
Imagine the new new wait with added 3g, sometime in 2016

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund