Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I started from scratch. It's an entirely different approach to Nuevasync (and I'm actually surprised it worked at all).
Since I thought you just switched from Nuevasync to erminig I thought it would just work. Well, it's not so easy.

I manually deleted all the duplicate and triplicate entry at my google calendar, and after that I found that nuevasync did not synchronize any longer.

So, I thought I would just switch to erminig and download only from google. But after a few sync's emiring deleted some entries on my N900 calendar (while they are still there in my google calendar)

So I guess this is not really ready for Extras-testing yet.

EDIT: Sorry. The reason that Nuevasync stopped working (even before the end of the newly introducted grace period) didn't have to do with Erminig - I caused that myself. The other problems I encountered most certainly had to do with the fact that my local calendar was not empty before the first sync. I think promotion to Extras-testing should come with appropriate warnings of 1) to back up all local and remote calendars and 2) to start with empty calendars in the N900.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-12-05 at 10:30.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I agree, it's not ready for extra testing. I played around with this application, but I always get errors and the remote calendar will be changed to "weather". One of the culprits is the google calendar repeat rule like "every first Friday of the month".

In the process - related or unrelated - I also lost the capability to sync via Nuevasync, now I always get the infamous "invalid host address for Exchange server".

I'll give it another try with an initially empty local calendar and without allowing erminig to update my remote google calendar. I'll report back whether I encounter again problems.

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-12-04 at 22:09.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
my google calendar as well as n900 got duplicate calenders each in consecutive days and now i don't even know which one was original. i thought its tine zone but time zone is same in both side.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Since I thought you just switched from Nuevasync to erminig I thought it would just work. Well, it's not so easy.
How did you get Erminig to use the Mail for Exchange calendar? I thought it only showed you "Local" calendars, and the MfE one is a "synchronised" one?

It's a potential enhancement/bug fix to Erminig I guess.

What I did - and please update the wiki if this works for you:
  1. Delete the Mail for Exchange account. Nuevasync won't work anymore and I wasn't using MfE for anything other than calendar.
  2. Create a local calendar for each Google Calendar I wanted to synchronise. I didn't try to synchronise either the "Weather" or "Facebook events" calendars. I also emptied the Personal calendar which you cannot delete and synchronised that to my Personal Google calendar.
  3. Start Erminig and create a sync profile from Google to each calendar.
  4. Press the "sync all" button.
  5. Configure alarmed to run /usr/bin/erminig -a 2>/dev/null 1>&1 every hour.

I manually deleted all the duplicate and triplicate entry at my google calendar, and after that I found that nuevasync did not synchronize any longer.
Well, Nuevasync is now a pay-only service, so unless you've paid it won't work. They should've sent you an email about this.

I think promotion to Extras-testing should come with appropriate warnings of 1) to back up all local and remote calendars and 2) to start with empty calendars in the N900.
Fine warnings for any sync tool, and - to be frank - common sense if you value the data at either end :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
How did you get Erminig to use the Mail for Exchange calendar? I thought it only showed you "Local" calendars, and the MfE one is a "synchronised" one?
Sorry for being so confusing. It was all about my local calendar only, but I didn't empty it before switching to Erminig. I had stopped synching through MfE, too, but couldn't go back after I had messed up both my local and the Google calendar.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Hi all,

thanks for all the patches/enhancements you all wrote for Erminig. As Jaffa pointed out, I will resume work on Erminig during the Christmas holidays.

I will integrate all the patches floating around, try to remove all those annoying bugs (especially the one where entries get duplicated) and push forward to extras-testing.

In the next few weeks I will look back in this thread for all the things I missed in the last 6 months...

-lorelei

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
I recently cleared all of my calendars, removed the Erminig db file, and re-added the calendars. Since then, event changes don't get synced from my phone to Google Calendar. Newly added events are synced OK, but when I rename or change the time later on, the change isn't synced. The other way (from gcal to phone) works fine. Anybody has any idea how to tackle this?

I just installed erminig. I added my google account then clicked on the 'add profile' button. After clicking that, it would freeze and I have to force the application to close.

what am I doing wrong?

edit: nvm it's probably because I'm on limited 2g internet

Last edited by mtran66; 2010-12-08 at 18:04.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mtran66 View Post
I just installed erminig. I added my google account then clicked on the 'add profile' button. After clicking that, it would freeze and I have to force the application to close.

what am I doing wrong?

edit: nvm it's probably because I'm on limited 2g internet
Yes, on slow connections it will take a while before getting the necessary data from Google servers, so erminig may appear to freeze. I should probably add one of those spinners while it waits for data...

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization