My trusty N900's USB port failed recently and I really need my backup restored.

Does anyone know if there a way to restore the backup to an N95, or other Symbian phone?

Or alternatively, is there a way to simply view the contents of the backup. I've heard that the backup files contain a MySQL Lite DB. Surely there is a way to read the contents, even if it means manually coping data from DB tables?!?

Thanks

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Simple answer is to get your usb port repaired as it is an easy task by a competent engineer.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Simple answer is to get your usb port repaired as it is an easy task by a competent engineer.
I had this problem once. As was too panicked and formatted my phone, thinking it was an OS problem, then I saw that it was related to USB. I decided to send it to a Nokia Care Center and after one week my phone was back. Don't worry your phone will be back soon!!!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Czech Republic
Nokia no longer repairing N900 with motherboard issues. Nokia replacing N900 in warranty with new E7. Have you installed newest CSSU? I have USB problem too.

Anyway. You could backup your data via SSH and WiFi.

Thanks for the replies, but the phone is at Nokia repair and they have said it is irreparable! As R@ptor says, they are replacing N900s with E7s, N8s or X7s. It's bloody annoying because I don't want a Symbian phone. I want my N900. I guess i'll get an E7, sell it and buy an Android phone...

Anyway, it still doesn't solve my problem. I now have the N900 backup on my computer but no way to access years of calendar entries, important notes, loads of personal and business contacts, etc etc.

Ideas anyone???

What I also didn't mention is that I originally took the phone to a Nokia repair centre in Poland (while on holiday). They accidentely snapped off another compontent on the motherboard and returned it saying it was my fault! Luckily Nokia UK realised this. But they now can't can't repair the phone...