Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
As we all know that in mobile version of many sites like youtube when we click on the video to stream it open in default media player.....i want to stream in kmplayer instead..........and ya d-bus switchboard not worked for this occation.....so i requested here for solution....and simultaneously i was also trying my self......and got it solved.......

HERE IS THE SOLUTION---

In
(1) /usr/share/applications/defaults.list and
(2) /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache, change the entry
video/x-msvideo=hildon-mp_ui.desktop
to..
video/x-msvideo=hildon-kmplayer.desktop
This will set kmplayer to open ".avi" files by default. There are several other file extensions listed that you can change.
For a complete overview of file extensions check out /usr/share/mime/globs

/usr/share/applications/hildon/* will give you an idea which applications you have to work with.

so i changed all video formats to be played by default player....and REBOOT my phone....and ya now my MICROB asks me if i would like to open a streaming video in KMPLAYER.....

REMEMBER REBOOT THE PHONE IS MUST.......

Last edited by nisheet; 2012-06-28 at 23:30.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
i already searched the TMO but nt got solution....but got set kmplayer as default player to view my stored videos but the streaming setting in micro b are same so plz help

any1 rply plzzz

Don't think it's possible, but I've never really investigated it and never heard anyone successfully do this.

If you install CuteTube-QML you can set that to stream through KMPlayer.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
i know cute tube does that and i liked its playing in kmplayer...so i want to use it for other sites like to watch divx movies and all other like some sites like....m.hardsextube.com

solved check it on 1st post....

The Following User Says Thank You to nisheet For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
plx explain mplayer is not playing .rmvb sound. plays only video wen using it wit kmplayer. but wen go x terminal and type mplayer kdkkk.rmvb it plays perfectly without root. so plz explain wats problem here

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
plx explain mplayer is not playing .rmvb sound. plays only video wen using it wit kmplayer. but wen go x terminal and type mplayer kdkkk.rmvb it plays perfectly without root. so plz explain wats problem here
Open kmplayer menu and choose mplayer as player

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Does anybody know how to add *.flv files to supported filetypes in File Manager or Filebox? (I would prefer SiB as default player)
I tried adding:
video/x-flv=hildon-SiB.destop
video/flv=hildon-SiB.desktop

but File Manager only provides me an "Select Application" - Dialog (but SiB isn't listed there) and Filebox simply does nothing when selecting a .flv file.

Edit: Ok, got it using dbus-switchboard and forwarding flv to mplayer.

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2012-10-20 at 11:13.