I'm pretty new to Qt in general and Qt Creator in particular. I have already succesfully build several very simple test apps to teach myself some basics... but it isn't enough to understand how to build more complex projects.

Recently I tried to build KMPlayer using latest Harmattan sources from here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=42 . Needless to say, I wasn't successful!

For example, there were a lot of of unresolved dependencies that I didn't know how to fix. I havent't even managed to find correct .pro file to open in Qt Creator.

Can somebody help me with instructions on how to build KMPlayer from those sources?

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Recently I tried to build KMPlayer using latest Harmattan sources from here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=42 . Needless to say, I wasn't successful!

For example, there were a lot of of unresolved dependencies that I didn't know how to fix. I havent't even managed to find correct .pro file to open in Qt Creator.

Can somebody help me with instructions on how to build KMPlayer from those sources?
The .deb file is generated from the tar.gz file by un-tar'ing it and then run
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sa -S -i
in the kmplayer directory. I do that inside scratchbox and since I use Vim as editor, I never bothered to look at qtcreator.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koos View Post
The .deb file is generated from the tar.gz file by un-tar'ing it and then run
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sa -S -i
in the kmplayer directory. I do that inside scratchbox and since I use Vim as editor, I never bothered to look at qtcreator.
Well, thanks a lot!
Though I'm using Qt SDK on Windows
Actually, It's not a problem for me to compile it on, for example, Debian (especially if it's just command line compiling & text editing), but, again, what are prerquisites for building it? What must I install on comepeltely new Debian to build it?

Well, thanks a lot!
Though I'm using Qt SDK on Windows
Actually, It's not a problem for me to compile it on, for example, Debian (especially if it's just command line compiling & text editing), but, again, what are prerquisites for building it? What must I install on comepeltely new Debian to build it?
You don't need debian. Just a harmattan development environment, which should include a way to generate .deb files.
The links to harmattan-dev.nokia.com seem to be dead, so look around in your targets for qtcreator. KMPlayer doesn't require any additional libraries than a stock harmattan installation. Maybe someone familiar with qtcreator targets can help. I would first look for a way to get a shell in such a target.

Just tried to compile it without commapnd line with correct .pro file in Qt SDK.

Building for Harmattan target went ok till it sumbled on missing header cairo.h. Where can I get the correct one?

Just tried to compile it without commapnd line with correct .pro file in Qt SDK.

Building for Harmattan target went ok till it sumbled on missing header cairo.h. Where can I get the correct one?
See the debian/control file, that lists the build dependencies.