Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Yesterday qole pointed out to me that a preview version of Tweetian is already available. >> Link <<
Following the >> instructions << I installed and launched it. Unfortunately, the browser didn't connect to twitter where it was supposed to connect. >> Here << on tweetian's github page it is stated that
If you wanna build Tweetian from source, please make sure you filled in the API key/secret for respective service in qml/tweetian-{platform}/Constant.qml. A default Twitter OAuth comsumer key/secret is provided for testing.
Actually, I don't won't to built it from source and I doubt that this is the solution. Rebooting didn't solve the issue as well. Any ideas what I could do to get the client installed?

Thanks a lot in advance.
icke

Edit: The difficulties were overcome by setting up the phone with SIM card entered.

Last edited by icke; 2013-12-21 at 14:24. Reason: Problem solved

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
With the built-in twitter connection I had problems to reach the authentication page when my time on the phone was set wrong, I set it to synchronize automatically and then I could authenticate.
Maybe it's a similar issue with Tweetian?

The Following User Says Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, this didn't work.

However, you wrote about the built-in twitter connection. Is this related to the news ("Nachrichten") application? I haven't inserted my SIM card yet. Consequently, I haven't used twitter except with the browser.

icke

Last edited by icke; 2013-12-21 at 13:53.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
When you add a twitter account at the Settings->accounts page, you can see tweets on the notification screen (the one you reach by swiping above from outside the screen). And you can share e.g. pictures from your gallery (note that for sharing screenshots, you have to enable metadata on the sharing page). "Nachrichten" is messages, e.g. SMS, not news. Twitter should be usable without SIM-card.

The Following User Says Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
Thanks for pointing the account section out.

When initially setting up the phone, I wasn't able to create a twitter account. Based on your recommendations I restarted the phone with simcard. Now I was able to authenticate Tweetian.

Thanks a lot. For the near future I'll keep that in mind that the SIM is closely related to the phone.

icke

Hi,

my Jolla arrived last week and I have the same problem:

Creation of a Twitter account in 'Settings' fails without an error message and when I press the button 'Sign In' in Tweetian it does not open the browser.

Do you have any hints how to get that fixed?

Bye Jo

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
@tmojo: I've had the same problem - put the sim card in, reboot the phone, and that's it - You'll be able to add the twitter account

[tw] @kegnatz