No surprises really.. microb is a bit sluggish.

But where is the bottleneck?

http://www.pocketables.net/2008/10/website-load-ti.html

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
It's a lame comparison. Says lots about the hardware and practically nothing about the software. The Archos 5 has got a Cortex A8 at 600MHz (versus our ARM11 @ 400MHz) which is easily 2-3x faster. The iPhone, too, has a faster processor (ARM11 @ ~500MHz).

This will be an interesting comparison when all 3 browsers are compared on the same hardware, until then, it's just a hardware comparison.

Oh, also, please search first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Really, I don't know WHY people make comparisons like this. Page load times are ******ed benchmarks. Yeah, the Archos loads pages faster (and as the General says, the processor is 2-3x faster), but people say the scrolling is crap compared to the iPhone. Its really stupid to compare a brand new device to a old one. Yes, even though the internet tablet is not that old, the mobile market is moving FAST. Its like comparing a Pentium 4 running Vista to a Dual Core running Xubuntu. Its obvious which is faster, why bother. Actually, its amazing the the iPhone and the Tablet are so close to the much more powerful Archos.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why not make comparisons like this? People are buying products, not the CPU. It is not like they can say "I want a Nokia N810, but with a faster processor, please."

The comparison, as seen from a different stand point than "rollover and take whatever CPU they give you and then defend it" is what any real consumer will look at first.

I didn't buy my N810 for the CPU. I didn't buy my 770 for its CPU. I bought them for their functionality which is tied into their perceived performance.

I know, I know... the N810 isn't a primetime, mainstream piece of tech. So you people (look above) will invariably know it's a OMAP XX and it's at XXX mhz, and it's capable of YY and you like it because of ZZ.

But you do not, I repeat... do not represent the average consumer in the least. You guys (here) are way too damn informed to be considered the average consumer; even on your worst day.

This comparison, from the average consumer standpoint... it's "valid". And says to me that performance N810 might need to be optimized a bit as far as my browser is concerned.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i am so selling my n810. I dont see any reasons to keep it. can someone tell me which way is n810 better than both those products?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This comparison, from the average consumer standpoint... it's "valid". And says to me that performance N810 might need to be optimized a bit as far as my browser is concerned.
Yes, well, this isn't an average consumer forum, and the poster was trying to use the comparison to evaluate the relative merits of different browser engines, not the usefulness of the comparison for the average consumer.

Well, so what? That's a link to an average consumer site.

Just because this tiny portion of the internet space allows you to think that your statements carry weight; you're not the target audience of the site where this originated.

Per usual, you've somehow overlooked that. Simply stated; live with it.

You are just a smaller part of a bigger puzzle. Consumers are a bigger reason why better products will continue to come out after you've attached your feelings to one platform/CPU/(insert whatever) like some remora fish.

And all it takes - dear non-consumer type - is just to hear that something is faster than another thing. Consumers will flock to it. Supply, demand... features.

Something some people learn very early in life.

Well, so what? That's a link to an average consumer site.
I was only addressing the statement made by the OP, you extrapolated that to mean something else.

Just because this tiny portion of the internet space allows you to think that your statements carry weight; you're not the target audience of the site where this originated.

Per usual, you've somehow overlooked that. Simply stated; live with it.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
And all it takes - dear non-consumer type - is just to hear that something is faster than another thing. Consumers will flock to it. Supply, demand... features.

its a good thing liqbase is targeted specifically at the maemo platform then isn't it

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
its a good thing liqbase is targeted specifically at the maemo platform then isn't it
lol, dude I don't even know what that is!!

Pertaining General Attitude, he'll be ok. Rolleyes and sweeping statements; rather egocentric. It's just sad.