Posts: 28 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Thailand
Hey all,

I re-flashed my phone a couple of days back to fix a bluetooth issue.
All was perfect until I re-installed the Extraplugins for Accounts UI app.

No problems with the actual app, but when I finished keying in my Yahoo, MSN & ICQ accounts, I went onlline to check connectivity - no problems.

Then a Notification popped up on my Home Screen for a Friend request (see attached pic) with a large ? preceding it.
There is also a small ? in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Now I can't seem to remove it.
I press the message and I get a message stating "You neen to be online to perform this operation" - I am online though.

I've logged into the actual messengers services via pc to see if fixing the Friend Request direct would help - but it doesn't.
The problem is still on my phone.

It wouldn't be so bad - the request from from a spammer

Has anybody else experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
its happened to me last night, but when i click it, then its disappear

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
add him and then blacklist that e-mail this should solve it

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Thailand
Thanks guys, I just followed Sifo's advice and blacklisted the request in MSN and all is good again on my N9.

Thanks for your help.

The Following User Says Thank You to SeanBangkok For This Useful Post:
I have same issue as in notification area have a friend request but its not actually on my facebook. I want to delete it from the notification area and can not... can't add it and then enter as spam as it just says necati.uyar66 and thats all..Please help how to delete from notifications area

Did you get this fixed, as I have just had the same issue. Mine is simply "arlen.34feq". I can't see any way of getting rid of this. It simply says "You need to be online to perform this operation".

Originally Posted by mozhume View Post
I have same issue as in notification area have a friend request but its not actually on my facebook. I want to delete it from the notification area and can not... can't add it and then enter as spam as it just says necati.uyar66 and thats all..Please help how to delete from notifications area

Sometimes it's Skype, sometimes it's gmail. I had this problem for a long time at one point but eventually it resolved itself... here's the post i made way back then

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82602

if you keep having troubles, it might be easiest to just log onto skype or gmail on a desktop/laptop and kill the request there. FWIW i didn't have to log onto the desktop to do that. It might be easier to take care of with wifi rather than 3g...or you may have to open the skype app on the phone.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Happens all the time, I add them and enjoy talking to an auto answer machine, it's kinda fun when you're bored.. Who am I kidding I have no life.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

A long press on it from the notification home screen brings up a dialog where you can choose accept/ignore/block. It's a little sensitive to where on the notification you long press, so try a few times.

Ah, thanks for that last tip - I did not know that one.
It seems that those fake "friends" seem to have mostly disappeared due to better anti-spam measures from the networks. Or is this only for me?