I broke my N9 screen - 3 foot drop on edge of screen. So I bought a new one and plan to send the old one for repair. I would like to get a backup of my contacts/settings though. I can still ssh into my N9 and file recovery isn't an issue. However, contacts are more of a pain.

I'd like to initiate a backup on the broken N9 and copy the backup to the new one. Unfortunately using the touchscreen/screen isn't an option. Does anyone know a command line way to initiate the backup program? I'm sure there should be one.

TL;DR : Do you know a command to run the backup program from the CLI?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
use search on this forum, you can use the phone ui through vnc. (harder way is to start backup through dbus messages)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
use search on this forum, you can use the phone ui through vnc. (harder way is to start backup through dbus messages)
Thanks! I think that should do it. I thought of netview but that doesn't help as I don't have netview running. x11vnc seems to run from the CLI, which is perfect.

Also, I did search for terms like n9 CLI recovery/ssh x forwarding etc with no useful results. Perhaps a more rigorous search is in order next time. Also, I might have been biased towards looking for command line way to do it. You can't search for things you don't think of

Last edited by stats0; 2012-05-25 at 20:25.