Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
One silly question... typical IT reply, but it wasn't asked:

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled fMMS? Maybe something else you did clobbered the settings in some way? Can't hurt to try...

Also, if you're getting MMS notices (pushes) but can't download, that sounds more like a settings issue. It could be your provider changed the name/IP of the MMS gateway. Most devices with full MMS support can get those changes via a push to the device (often via a sim push/update). The N900 lacks both native MMS support and sim tools. Check their web site and make sure your MMS gateway settings are correct still. (And if they're not please update the wiki and reply here once you've fixed it. )

Edit:
One other thought, If you have a separate advertiser (like knuthf mentioned) it may be the MMS settings for that service are different than the one for your main provider. That would suck, but would explain if you can get some MMS but not all of them.
Hi woody, the problem is that untill some months ago all was working well, sendimg MMS and receiving...
no I can only receive, download and see the advertising ones... when my wife or friends send me a MMS sometimese I receive the advise, sometimes not... if I go in fMMS and try to download I receive and error...

I unistalled and reinstalled it several times, also after a reflash...
the setting are correct...

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
I'm having problems with fMMS. I have few unread messages, but when I open fMMS, it freezes to the splash screen. The terminal gives

Code:
$ /opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 222, in cb_on_focus
    self.add_buttons_liststore()
  File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 339, in add_buttons_liststore
    avatar = self.ch.get_photo_from_uid(senderuid, 48)
  File "/opt/fmms/contacts.py", line 127, in get_photo_from_uid
    img = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(imgstr)
glib.GError: Tiedoston "/home/user/.osso-abook/photos/VWXJOV" avaus epäonnistui: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 222, in cb_on_focus
    self.add_buttons_liststore()
  File "/opt/fmms/fmms_gui.py", line 339, in add_buttons_liststore
glib.GError: Tiedoston "/home/user/.osso-abook/photos/VWXJOV" avaus epäonnistui: No such file or directory
Has anyone had this problem and found a solution to it?

asking again, no news?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Keneraali View Post
I'm having problems with fMMS. I have few unread messages, but when I open fMMS, it freezes to the splash screen. The terminal gives

Code:
Has anyone had this problem and found a solution to it?
From what i can read here, it is looking for the senders avatars which doesnt exist.

so no news... I know I know... "why u r using mms?" because I have some friends who doesn't use internet on their phone and still sends pic via mms... but I can't receive them...

I've just tried to copy from a (smoothly) received MMS, and then paste to another application. Specifically, the MMS contained some text followed by a URL in a new line. I opened the MMS and selected Copy from the menu, and then pasted to the address bar in the web browser. Only the text was copied, but not the URL (note again the URL is in a new line, if it matters).

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I've just tried to copy from a (smoothly) received MMS, and then paste to another application. Specifically, the MMS contained some text followed by a URL in a new line. I opened the MMS and selected Copy from the menu, and then pasted to the address bar in the web browser. Only the text was copied, but not the URL (note again the URL is in a new line, if it matters).
Can't you click on the URL to open it in a browser directly?

Can't say I have ever sent or received URL's via MMS.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

No, the URL is not clickable. Again, I don't know if it's not copied/pasted because it's an URL or because it's in a new line.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Heureka!

Finally found the fix for fMMS not receiving /notifying/showing received MMS.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I got a two-line MMS now. It had no URL in the message. I tried to copy/paste and again it only pasted the first line. So it's a new line issue.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python