Hi,

have somebody experience with Xfce running on N800. I have heared that Xfce needs little ressources (like Xubuntu)?

Bernhard

The Following User Says Thank You to Drahnreb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Xfce can run in any OS not just Xubuntu just like GNOME and KDE.
Is another Desktop Enviroment.... I am not sure what you mean by ressources...?!?

By that said I am sure is possible to run it some what hildonise... They are working on KDE right now
OPENBOX is out allready

Last edited by SeRi@lDiE; 2007-03-24 at 20:37.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
needs little resources = lightweight GUI, low overhead
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
ahhhhh ic lol he just used xubuntu as an example... Not a good example
Yes is very low in resources.... is not bloated with goodies you preatty much customize it your self...

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ Pennsylvania
thought i might resurrect this thread.

I thought the same thing after i saw KDE on the n800. That project doesn't seem really usable, but xfce is only 25MB. That's got to be much more practical.

I also was wondering what I could run on it if it works, like a full version of firefox or whatnot.

Anyway, anyone like penguinbait or such want to look deeper into this very viable option?

I don't actually own an n800 yet but this would definately get me much more interested in saving my money for one.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=5474

KDE runs.... surprisingly... very well on my 770 running the HE OS...

Penguin set this up and it is awesome! (If run on N770, instead of 800, you need to give it a little swap to run with, though...)

Xfce is a step in a different direction from here, though... Try out KDE if you have a 2gb or more card handy. Hope this helps!

KDE also runs pretty well on my N800.
Eventually I'm going to get around to taking an 8GB SDHC card and partitioning it out so I can boot multiple window managers/operating systems/firmwares.
KDE is nice, but I'm too tired right now to play with it and figure out how to set the default window screen size for all windows so they will display a little better when opened.