Active Topics

Hi, I just got my 810. I'm following the instructions to flash it. I get as far as downloading flasher-3.5.exe and the new image, put them in the same directory, put the 810 in usb mode, get "suitable device not found, waiting" when I type in the command. I have Windows 7, 64-bit, and tried the unsigned drivers workaround: didn't work. Can anybody help with this? Thank you.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Not the be the 1000th dork to suggest this, but...
Debian Live USB tutorial.
Takes about 10 minutes (depending on download time - can be sped up by downloading the torrents) and saves you the trouble of messing with the usb driver on Windows.

I really suggest you try the live USB method first.

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Pretty much the same situation here,got mine yesterday and the same error on win7 x64.
I changed to Linux Mint and linux flasher successfully done the job. Gotta buy a MiniSD card later.
off topic:maybe some packages in extra-devel can be promoted? conboy,openssh,telescope,etc

The Following User Says Thank You to hyno111 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for these suggestions. I am going to try downloading the flasher and image at work. Older 32 bit PC, maybe it will work. If not, then linux or flash drive solution. I have an external 1 gb hard drive I could partition for linux. Might do that anyway.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Please note, that the fasher 3.5 and 64bit window does not want to play together without a bit of hassle with the USB drivers. So just get a 32bit windows and go ahead. Or use Linux.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Using older pc worked fine, very quick. Should kick myself for wasting time trying to get 64bit to work... Thanks for the advice! I downloaded some apps and going to get memory card later today.