I just got this device and apart from the lack of support for populating folders apart from Inbox with Exchange the device completely lack search at all and furthermore lacks server search.

How useful is e-mail if sorting is the only way you can find the e-mail you need?

Also since the sync settings are either 1 month or ALL my choices are either to have it sync 1 month (woefully inadequate) or all 15,000+ e-mails on my device. What happened to 3 months or 6 months as an option?

This is like poor S60 Exchange support on here. I see the potential of this device but man as it stands this is inexcusable in this day and age.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Have anybody tried Yahoo! Calendar? and syncing it with n900?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Does the N900 support SyncML? If it does, that could be a solution to sync up the contacts via Google.

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/200...winmo-and.html

So I've had the device for a few days now. Let me tell you it is frustrating to say the least to not have a solution that satisfies these 2 requirements. I want to be able to sync my google information AND I want to gain access to my work exchange stuff. Why Nokia didn't see this as a use case for the last year or so makes me wonder if they ever poke their heads outside of their own labs.

The Following User Says Thank You to phi For This Useful Post:
Argh - bad news than

even the iPhone is capable of syncing business calendar and google calendars (well, not via 2 exchange servers, but via caldav)...

Is it possible to add caldav calendars on the n900?

Double post -.-

Last edited by jeran170; 2009-12-02 at 13:26.

Looks like there is similar post about this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35594

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
these issues are adressed by a MfE developer in this thread.

Addressed but not solved....The link I provided above yours is trying to find a solution to this use case.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
i know, i just thought you'd like to know the "official" position on this matter

Tags
exchange