Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Wow, Firestarter is impressive. I found it with the MeeCatalog program. It gives you all the ways of reading Kindle books that a Kindle does (I don't know about pdfs), with a few obvious limitations such as screensize. I find it quite comfortable to use, enough so that I may use it on the five-hour plane flight I am taking tomorrow, even though I have a real Kindle with me.

It is somewhat difficult to hit some of the buttons on the top, such as search, but that is a small quibble.

So far, I've downloaded Steven King's 11/22/63 and Phillip Kerr's A Quiet Flame -- and that's just the beginning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
hey.. I couldn't find it in the Meecatalog.. What repositories have u added to meecatalog other than the default ones?

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2011 @ sudan
screen shots will be awesome !!

and yeah .. is there is any possibility to compile it to work on n900 ?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by arjean View Post
hey.. I couldn't find it in the Meecatalog.. What repositories have u added to meecatalog other than the default ones?
I think the repository is Apps for Meego, as I have "Origin: com.nokia.maemo/org.formeego.apps" in the Meecatalog description. I'm downloading the app currently.

Geneven, how would you rate it compared to FBReader, Ionic or eReader? I'm interested in a list of the pros and cons of each of these applications if somebody already has experience with them. Otherwise I'll give them all a try and make my own opinion, but it may take months before I really read long enough texts on all four apps.

Well, it only allows you to read Kindle books, basically, so if you don't have Kindle books, it has no advantage over other readers.

I later discovered that you have to be online at the beginning of any session to read any book you have downloaded. When

it is authenticated, you can keep reading the book forever as long as
you keep Firestarter open.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-08-23 at 18:01.

Originally Posted by arjean View Post
Hmmm. I used N9 Quick Tweak and added the repositories it allows you to add automatically. I suppose Firestarter will soon be more widely available.

(maybe it was the harmattan sdk repository?).

Last edited by geneven; 2012-08-23 at 18:09.

Is there an app like Firestarted for the N900 Maemo for reading Kindle Books???? I am looking for a good ebook reader.

Thanks,
Bobby

Originally Posted by rootytooty View Post
Is there an app like Firestarted for the N900 Maemo for reading Kindle Books???? I am looking for a good ebook reader.

Thanks,
Bobby
I use FBReader, though I think you need to strip the DRM.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

I have it also. I don't think it will work for Kindle Books thought. How do you mean strip DRM????

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by rootytooty View Post
I have it also. I don't think it will work for Kindle Books thought. How do you mean strip DRM????
He means find some program that will take the DRM-"protected" file formats that the Kindle uses for its eBooks, and convert it to a file format without DRM-"protection" on it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: