Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
@carlito - updated first post with your latest skin instead of the previous one, much prefer the new look! (anyone wanting the larger skin it is available in the middle of the thread still)

not many new skins recently, anyone with some design skills please see the first post on details how to create skins and upload them here!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
@BabelO: Is it possible to align the text in the center?

Nice application, and very useful. Thanks for it!

I've made a few observations about how it can be further improved.

A) It's difficult to turn on the FM transmitter with your button. There are several reasons, and the combination of them makes it a difficult experience.

- The button does not give visual feedback, until after the FM transmitter is on.

- The FM transmitter takes a long time to turn on (often ~1 second), and so the currently given visual feedback is veeeeery slow.

- Sometimes MAEMO interprets my button press as home screen scroll, and thus does not forward it to your widget. The lack of immediate visual feedback makes me often not notice it.

- The button is very small, too small for my thinking. It's worth to consider making this button wider, because it's the most often used button of the widget.

All in all, I never succeed to activate the transmitter at the first attempt, and less so while I'm doing other things at the same time (like walking to the car).

B) There seems to be a bug that can sometimes be triggered as follows:

- Select a home screen with media player widget and your FM widget
- Start music (on speaker) with media player widget
- Start FM with your widget
- Pause music with media player widget
- Wait for FM to turn of automatically after a minutes
- Get a friend send you an SMS.

Sometimes you will not hear your SMS tone, but rather the -beep- it uses to play through FM. However, the FM is off and the beep is played through the speakers, as if it were your SMS tone.

I believe there is a problem related to FM state and the MAEMO FM timeout mechanism somewhere.

Still, the widget is already now an improvement and worth using!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jetmarc@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jetmarc@hotmail.com View Post
Nice application, and very useful. Thanks for it!

I've made a few observations about how it can be further improved.

A) It's difficult to turn on the FM transmitter with your button. There are several reasons, and the combination of them makes it a difficult experience.

- The button does not give visual feedback, until after the FM transmitter is on.

- The FM transmitter takes a long time to turn on (often ~1 second), and so the currently given visual feedback is veeeeery slow.

- Sometimes MAEMO interprets my button press as home screen scroll, and thus does not forward it to your widget. The lack of immediate visual feedback makes me often not notice it.

- The button is very small, too small for my thinking. It's worth to consider making this button wider, because it's the most often used button of the widget.

All in all, I never succeed to activate the transmitter at the first attempt, and less so while I'm doing other things at the same time (like walking to the car).

B) There seems to be a bug that can sometimes be triggered as follows:

- Select a home screen with media player widget and your FM widget
- Start music (on speaker) with media player widget
- Start FM with your widget
- Pause music with media player widget
- Wait for FM to turn of automatically after a minutes
- Get a friend send you an SMS.

Sometimes you will not hear your SMS tone, but rather the -beep- it uses to play through FM. However, the FM is off and the beep is played through the speakers, as if it were your SMS tone.

I believe there is a problem related to FM state and the MAEMO FM timeout mechanism somewhere.

Still, the widget is already now an improvement and worth using!
It gives not visual feedback because there are only two states of the button. On and off . . . not a hover state. Maybe you can try some other skins, they're in the first post of the thread.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Try this: it's big and simplistic:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=197
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
How do I set it / install it. I copied file and directory in the zip file and restarted the device, some of the widgets went missing ... no big deal... but didnt get this widget in the list, any help please?

Hi,

I do an update, now all three theme from page 1 are available in settings. You can add more themes by copying file to /home/user/.fmrdsnotify or by creating deb files

Fabrice

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabelO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
it sometimes seems to be a bit laggy starfting. is there a trick or a sequence with sgtarting media player and the transmitter?
The first time I click the widget I always have to click it twice to get a reaction. Afterwards one click is sufficient if I do not click somewhere else.

Seems like a focus problem...

Am I the only one experimenting this?

Originally Posted by percy View Post
The first time I click the widget I always have to click it twice to get a reaction. Afterwards one click is sufficient if I do not click somewhere else.

Seems like a focus problem...

Am I the only one experimenting this?
Yes i have the issue too, but i did not know how to solve it. As the widget is managed by Hildon
focus should come automatically.

I 'll try to ask the question on qt mailing list or maemo qt channel.

Fabrice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabelO For This Useful Post:
Hi, i like the widget. Just a stupid question. What are the mp3,sms,phone tag do?