Closed Thread
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by carlon View Post
My screen briefly flashes black when its rotating, anyone experiencing this? it there a fix?
that's how mine has worked since the first day I used my N900 I assumed it's just the way it is.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
tried looking for tactile in HAM with no joy??
Try this with Extras-Devel enabled:

Code:
apt-get install tactile
Rumors about Extras-Devel eating your cat and stealing your wife apply. Please take care when using Extras-Devel and turn it off after installing packages from it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
i like the rotation button in the applet menu option. but i think it should show what happens when it is pressed instead of current status. i mean when i have locked on, it shows locked. which if i didn't know its already on, i would think if i press it i would lock it. in reality it would go to auto rotation.

take phone mode/tablet mode instead when u press the power button. if its in phone mode, it shows tablet mode instead. so u know when u press it, it goes to tablet mode.

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
@Dark_Angel85 can not confirm the issue with the contacts application.
But there is a similar error with the extended-contact-search plugin and the
"recent" contacts view.

Nicolai
I have the same problem. How can I solved it?

Hey does anyone got this weird Grey screen like i did today...
Name:  Screenshot-20110311-212712.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  7.2 KB
it disappears when we press menu or some application icon.. but comes back in a second making N900 difficult to use...
altho its not appearing after restart "not till the time i wrote this post"..

All i did today was
1) update C-SSU
2) install X-planes race via webOs game-manager, but i don't think it would be the problem because i am using it for past 3 days without any problem...

"i have noticed it happened when i kept N900 on complete flat surface".. maybe something to do with accelerometer, i guess...

bt Above all "i am really grateful to C-SSU developers" for doing the job which nokia shud hav done...
thanks

Last edited by immi.shk; 2011-03-10 at 16:58.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
Hey does anyone got this weird Grey screen like i did today...
Attachment 18460
it disappears when we press menu or some application icon.. but comes back in a second making N900 difficult to use...
altho its not appearing after restart "not till the time i wrote this post"..

All i did today was
1) update C-SSU
2) install X-planes race via webOs game-manager, but i don't think it would be the problem because i am using it for past 3 days without any problem...

"i have noticed it happened when i kept N900 on complete flat surface".. maybe something to do with accelerometer, i guess...

bt Above all "i am really grateful to C-SSU developers" for doing the job which nokia shud hav done...
thanks
Looks like hildon-desktop crashed or something :/

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Can the C-SSU be un-installed? If so, what packages need to be removed?

Hi all,

I am noticing a problem with the email widget since installing the CSSU. It seems like something gets messed up between the widget and MfE because at some point, unread (and read) messages are not properly reflected.

Also - and more troubling - it seems that the modest process continually fluctuates between 5% and 100% CPU utilization (i.e. idle for 5 seconds and then 100% for 2 seconds - and repeats constantly). This obviously drains the battery in no time. Removing the email widget from the desktop seems to stop the CPU fluctuation and settles down the modest process so I can only assume it's something related to modest and the email widget.

Wondering if anyone has seen this and what it might be.

Thanks,
-DJ

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
can we get the "orientation lock" status menu entry in different language?
Is there any thhing I can do to translate it to german ?

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade