Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Looks like this will answer many of the outstanding questions. I am working on the screencasting stuff and hope to have documentation ready before the event. I don't know how much use it will be during the presentations, but if even one presenter records their work as a screencast it will be time well spent.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2...zation#Program
I am late for the OSiM, my volunteer and demo and exhibits are all Summit ONLY. I attempted to edit the page.....please take a look.

bun

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
It will be a BIG disappointment to bun. If you do show up, I will buy you a beer, and talk to you face to face, about HWR, as you are the only one that....use it. And you and I can quip about this 1st SSU update in private....to the bottom of it, literally.

bun
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of bringing my Newtons, just to show what real HWR is and how it makes the best use of the limited screen real estate of a handheld tablet.

But it's all just pointless; Nokia has made it clear that they don't want a stylus-driven handheld, but rather a finger-prodded iClone; they don't want a device for entering content, they want a consumer-targeted, no-brain PMP (probably because those customers tend to be less intelligent and therefore less bothersome).

So why should I fight windmills?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of bringing my Newtons, just to show what real HWR is and how it makes the best use of the limited screen real estate of a handheld tablet.

But it's all just pointless; Nokia has made it clear that they don't want a stylus-driven handheld, but rather a finger-prodded iClone; they don't want a device for entering content, they want a consumer-targeted, no-brain PMP (probably because those customers tend to be less intelligent and therefore less bothersome).

Well, I NEVER make people do things, I just wish you would be there, and I can show you how 'handsomely' I have trained myself in writing on the Nokia, and MOST OF ALL, I can provide a hot ear for your Nokia bashing that nobody can.

Finally, the one that fights with windmills did go down in history, right? Dont you want to leave a footprint in maemo history, KJ?

Oh, I have never touch a Newton. I heard about it, and read about it and that is it. I used a TI99 and TRS-80.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Looking at the current Saturday schedule I'm almost glad that I can't be there.. I would be totally frustrated by the fact that so many interesting sessions are scheduled at the same time! The choices.. I would have wanted to attend most of them.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-08-18 at 11:47.

Let's hope there are enough people with video cameras that we can catch up on the missed content in time to ask questions outside the specific talks, etc.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, 'cause i sadly have to leave at noon

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Well, I NEVER make people do things, I just wish you would be there, and I can show you how 'handsomely' I have trained myself in writing on the Nokia, and MOST OF ALL, I can provide a hot ear for your Nokia bashing that nobody can.

Finally, the one that fights with windmills did go down in history, right? Dont you want to leave a footprint in maemo history, KJ?

Oh, I have never touch a Newton. I heard about it, and read about it and that is it. I used a TI99 and TRS-80.

bun
You almost made me change my mind.

Almost...

Hey, if I could go to the Summit I also would have liked to have Karel there.. I'm sure more than a few people would like to get some kick-ar*e devil's advocate arguments served up front, no prisoners taken.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Looking at the current Saturday schedule I'm almost glad that I can't be there.. I would be totally frustrated by the fact that so many interesting sessions are scheduled at the same time! The choices.. I would have wanted to attend most of them.
I have decided to clone myself. I hear there's a renegade clinic in Berlin that does cloning while-you-wait.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
So we can have that beer we spoke of and talk about other things ? :-)

Tags
maemo.org