Originally Posted by maegon9y00 View Post
Sadly at september 15th my bag was stolen containing 2 nokia n9, 1 n900, 1 Lg optimus G e970 .

But I never regret when I purchased. If you are curious and want to learn, these devices will provide good experience on it.
All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss.
I'd like to get my hands another n900 to try N900 core duo mod.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racheta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by racheta View Post
All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss.
I'd like to get my hands another n900 to try N900 core duo mod.
Thanks.

I have one or two n900 batteries, i am afraid it could damage because I am not using it, and I don't have an external charger for n900 batteries outside the phone.

N900 I miss the:
-Sound recording (like a professional audio recorder)
-picture/video recording/playback quality
-32gb Space.
-customization possibility

I believe I'll go to get another one again!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maegon9y00 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maegon9y00 View Post
Thanks.
I believe I'll go to get another one again!
Yup go and get another one. Nothing like this has been made yet and even the Neo900 is not worth it since its not really powerful enough compared to current devices. So its better to just find this little fella and make some power use of it.

Good Luck!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to racheta For This Useful Post:
Also in regards to neo900 they are modified n900, you could buy the board and put in a n900 you already have. So neo900 either they or you need to buy an n900 first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Why is everyone talking about the Neo900 as if it existed? Have I been in a coma for 10 years?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Why is everyone talking about the Neo900 as if it existed? Have I been in a coma for 10 years?
Well, it's just like werewolves and tooth fairies; it has to exist because there is so much anecdotal evidence supporting it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It will be available in about a year or so. At least I am not excited about it since not really as powerful a upgrade as the Nokia N900 itself. As per Moore's law it should be at least 8x faster but its not even near it.
It'll be better to get a Nexus and buy add on accessories as per requirement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to racheta For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by racheta View Post
It will be available in about a year or so. At least I am not excited about it since not really as powerful a upgrade as the Nokia N900 itself. As per Moore's law it should be at least 8x faster but its not even near it.
It'll be better to get a Nexus and buy add on accessories as per requirement.
Speed is not everything, you know.
Actually speed is next to nothing really; the interesting features have nothing to do with speed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I am willing to sell my N900.
GSM module doesn't work, doesn't detect SIM card
If buyer manages to make it work I might track him and mug my N900 back
Rest all is fine, screen, wifi, camera, stylus, keyboard, slider, camera slider anything you can think of but GSM module

Will be shipped from Bangalore, INDIA. PM me for more.

The Following User Says Thank You to diesalunix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Agreed juiceme.
Until it is being shipped ...it is a hoped for device.
I am invested in it ...so I hope...

And to the comments about it not being worth it when it is finally released...

A true "no black box" linux phone that isn't hamstrung by corp. proprietary crud ...
an actual "open" phone...unlike the n900...
I would assume you haven't really noticed all the work trying to pry the os open ..by the "freemantle" project?

Even if the neo is released 10 years later it would still be the best viable and functional alternative to the crap that phones with iphone and android run.

The n900 as a better option than the neo?
No i don't think so....
running linux phone pure...instead of maemo is the best option...since we can feed off of the work done by others more easily compared to the very very very small group of devs we have remaining who are working as fast as they can on maemo...
It is just the simple truth of the matter...
Look around here.....
So many current apps that are expected to run on every other os ....just don't ....for us...
and why?
because of fremantle's closed bits in part...
and in part because we don't have the great numbers of people working on maintaining them.
The neo would eliminate much of those two issues....

And speed is a non issue..
the specs of the neo to be released ...though humble and seemingly negligible in compare to the latest dross from samsung or lg or whoever ...and what android and apple expect to use...
the specs are FAR more ...than adequate... for running a linux phone at a blindingly fast speed...

I'm no fanboy spouting and gushing and defending the neo
I am just looking at the whole of the situation with our current devices...the diminishing numbers of dev's and maintainers...
and looking at the android and apple alternatives ....aren't alternatives at all to a maemo successor...
let alone a proper linux phone...
I would just as easily follow any other viable linux alternative that is to be released...
But there just isn't any other on the horizon...
Them's the brass tacks...

So

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: