Ok, can 'Unknown Caller' be also included in the white/black list, please?

This is very helpful for incoming international calls, which I get a lot, and it's imperative that I get them

Usually incoming international calls doesn't register any number. Only 'Unknown caller' ones.

Thank you, again!

The Following User Says Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by l32606 View Post
Thank you, PhatApteryx!
please feel free to feedback, and any advice is appreciated.
Thanks for that - been experimenting & yep it is very slick.. A phenomenally good effort for the first release.

a couple of thoughts for now:

1. In my use case, sms's SENT to a blacklist contact/# would be filtered as well... pm me if you want me to explain that one more

2. I did some testing & it seemed to me that (at least initially), if i still had the Firewall + UI open and/or the SMS message screen open, a Blocked SMS was logged but still turned up on the SMS message screen (I was sending to myself so that may have been part of the issue, so will retest)

3. I think it would be helpful to be able to edit blacklist items - i may have missed something though. As an example, i selected a contact to blacklist, intending to blacklist them for SMS but accidentally selected call as well. I could not edit that selection after - only delete it via long push then re add it with the right selection.

4. If you un blacklist a contact, or for some other reason, it would be nice to allow blocked SMS's (as found in the log) to be restored or delivered to the sms store by selection (i assume they are actually still in tracker somewhere anyway) pm me if you want me to explain that one more too

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
maybe I put it wrong... it's the old "bug" with these kind of apps...

here is how it manifests:

1. number ABC blacklisted
2. call from number ABC
3. caller ABC have busy tone immediately (that's perfect, of course)
4. my phone rings, and I can see the notification of a incoming call from ABC on my screen - it lasts just for an instance... one time it' just for few tenths of a second, next time it's for second and a half, and then Your app blocks it - ringing sound goes off, screen goes black, and call is regularly noted in the Firewall+ Pro log, with no notification at all on any of my screens, as it should be... it's just that for some short period it does ring like the number ABC is not on the black list...

I repeat it's the old problem... ok, caller getting waiting tone for a few moments was the old problem too, and You solved it very efficiently, hope that You'll be able to sort this one too - keep up the good work - it's pleasure to pay for the software so useful and good...
I understand you mean there is still a sound ring although the call has be rejected. That's a little weird and I'll try to fix it.

Thank you for your review!
I know this is bit off topic, but would you consider build on for Fremantle? (if even possible. I think the UI is Qt-based, but I have no idea whether the backend would be portable)

The Following User Says Thank You to figaro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
maybe Inception will make this easier to achieve in the future...

well, then maybe use some pixels on the side of the feeds/homescreen... just few of them, discretely... or app icon to get some badge or change colour... but that would mean that we would have to go to the app folder and then to scroll to the very icon - a bit unpractical... my vote goes for colon of the time format (":") to slightly change the colour after something has been filtered, and discretely change few pixels on the left side of the feeds/homescreen...
in other threads, some good guys have figured out how to change the color of time in standby screen. So I think it is possible to change color of WHOLE field, not some part of it, when something filtered.

Thank you for your reply!

1. In my use case, sms's SENT to a blacklist contact/# would be filtered as well... pm me if you want me to explain that one more
L32606: yes, I PMed

2. I did some testing & it seemed to me that (at least initially), if i still had the Firewall + UI open and/or the SMS message screen open, a Blocked SMS was logged but still turned up on the SMS message screen (I was sending to myself so that may have been part of the issue, so will retest)
L32606: Hmmm... that's an known issue. pls keep the SMS window closed. so far...

3. I think it would be helpful to be able to edit blacklist items - i may have missed something though. As an example, i selected a contact to blacklist, intending to blacklist them for SMS but accidentally selected call as well. I could not edit that selection after - only delete it via long push then re add it with the right selection.
L32606: sorry but the first release doesn't support to modify item. pls understand it's not for technical reason. The next version wiil be with the feature. thank you for your patient!

4. If you un blacklist a contact, or for some other reason, it would be nice to allow blocked SMS's (as found in the log) to be restored or delivered to the sms store by selection (i assume they are actually still in tracker somewhere anyway) pm me if you want me to explain that one more too
L32606: Yes, I agree with you that restoring blocked SMS is a important function. I think I can do that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by figaro View Post
I know this is bit off topic, but would you consider build on for Fremantle? (if even possible. I think the UI is Qt-based, but I have no idea whether the backend would be portable)
I was a Fremantle user before several months I broke my N900

Nicolai has released a similar app.
FYI:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/messageblocker/

BTW, I would like to say a BIG Thank you to Nicolai for what he has done. although I finally don't adapt his method to block SMS (unfortunately don't work on Harmattan)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to l32606 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Not available in OVI anymore, what about apps.formeego.org?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Hi

Some feedback.

1. In the schedule settings menu - there is a misspelling "Untilted" should be "Untitled"

2. Can you confirm if adding a contact to the Blacklist, you need to add all possible instances of a number? e.g. +447960501918 AND 07960501918? does it need to be an exact match?

3. Is it possible to add a password entry system into the app?

4. Great app.

Last edited by afaq; 2012-03-09 at 10:44.

I was a Fremantle user before several months I broke my N900

Nicolai has released a similar app.
FYI:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/messageblocker/

BTW, I would like to say a BIG Thank you to Nicolai for what he has done. although I finally don't adapt his method to block SMS (unfortunately don't work on Harmattan)
Yeah, been using it for a while, though it lacks of advanced features (don't get me wrong, it works perfectly. just no longer developed)

anyhow, it doesn't hurt to ask right?