Notices

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Hi all. First off I really want to thank the GPE developers & the ones who ported the GPE apps to Maemo. I used to use them when I had a Zaurus & now I'm just getting back to setting them up again on my N800.

My question is specifically with another great application, Erminig (can someone please explain the name to me ). I've got 7 different google calendars set up to organize my events (personal, job, contract work, etc), which works really well for me & for the most part erminig syncs everything up just fine. I do have one reoccurring event in one calendar that happens weekly on Monday, Wednesday & Friday at a specific time (it's not an all-day event). When erminig imports them however they end up on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday. I have other weekly reoccurring events set up in the same calendar for Fridays & Mondays, which show up properly on the correct days, so I would assume this isn't a timezone-related issue.

Anyone have any ideas? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The author has his own forum where this has been reported.

Any additional information you can post here will be helpful.

http://david.hautbois.free.fr/joomla...id=170&catid=3

I know he is looking into it because we have exchanged a couple emails while he is trying to pin down what the problem is.

The Following User Says Thank You to rone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rone View Post

I know he is looking into it because we have exchanged a couple emails while he is trying to pin down what the problem is.
Thanks for letting me know. I had sent him a message through his web page pointing him here but hadn't realized that I should post messages there as well.
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

I also had this problem and sent him my calendar file with all my events for him to test with. That was quite some time ago and without an update I moved to getting the sync directly from Google inside the GPE calendar. This appears to solve my "re-occuring events on the wrong day and time" issue. However, this sync process inside GPE seems to take a very long time (understandable, due to the number of entries I have) with no indication that it is actually updating. Waiting long enough and it does work.

Originally Posted by rone View Post

I tried to register on the site but the it complained that I had to register to access the register page . I emailed the developer yesterday but no response yet.

Since I can't register & the author doesn't seem inclined or able to reply to messages right now, I'll post my findings here. It doesn't seem to matter what the other settings are for the weekly reoccurring event, only that it has a specific time instead of all-day. I've tried setting the event with google's Mon-Wed-Fri option, selecting Weekly & then manually setting the individual days, and by creating three separate weekely events. In all cases the day is offset by one (1). The all-day bi-weekly event I have set for Fridays works fine, but that's bi-weekly, not weekly.

I'm having the same problem, and this thread is from back in April.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Garden Valley CA 95633
This bug is still present in Erminig 3.0.3-3. Recurring events created in Google Calendar with a start time get shifted to the next day, so an event on Mondays at 6:00 PM will shift to Tuesdays at 6:00 PM. Events that repeat on multiple days Tuesdays and Thursdays for example will shift to Wednesday and Friday.

All day events appear on the correct days.

As a work around, recurring events with a specific time created or edited on GPE-calendar will sync correctly to Google Calendar.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
First, Erminig development isn't related to GPE Suite development other than the fact that Erminig syncs GPE Calendar and Google Calendar.

Second, David Hautbois was the originator of Erminig, but he passed off development to Pascal Jermini. Read more about it here:

http://erminig.garage.maemo.org/

Erminig has had issues ever since the last release (in October 2008). Try contacting Pascal to see if he has any word.

Tim

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
clearcut: could you please give me an exact step-by-step procedure to reproduce this bug?

timsamoff is right with the fact that recurring events are a recurring (hem...bad joke, sorry) problem with Erminig