Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
As y'all remember, Jolla announced that bolivian Jala Group will release two sailfish powered phones called Accione and Accione P.

I could get myself a special christmas offer of Accione P through my sister in law. Here are some photos and impressions comparing to Xperia X.

tl;dr:
The phone has potential but runs android until Jala has finished development of the sailfish adaption. Release date is announced for Q1/2018. Shop employees in La Paz said propably march.

Click on the images for full size

Accione P is a little thicker than Xperia X and feels a lot lighter due to plastic housing

has a lot more bezel around the 5" screen

The back side is rounded to the center, the logos are in a nice golden finish

My christmas package included a black soft grip bumper

Next 12 pictures are all taken with Accione P Camera Stock android App

A second USB C quick charge adapter was also in the package

It gives 2.4A but i need an adapter for EU plugs

The retail box looks good and feels nicely built

It includes an USB C Charger, some 3,5mm headphones and a case for them

Don't know if it will be of any use but it feels like high quality rubber

Yay, i got a Jala Cap

And a M size promo polo shirt i am going to grow into over the summer

Not to forget the 15" laptop bag everything was wrapped in

The flyer to my xmas package in detail. I paid 210euro

Promotional flyer front side

Promotional flyer specs side
It says i should consult a Jala expert center to get sailfish. They told my sister in law it would be available around march

On the absolute bright side, i got LTE on eplus net in germany. Only 3g on Vodafone though.

Obviously the accione series was not especially developed for sfos as you can see with the dedicated android buttons

The screen is about 20% brighter on Xperia X but still better than Jolla1. Comparable to Jolla C i would say

No idea if results of 3dMark are comparable between 4.4 and 7.1 versions. But xperia destroyed Accione p despite only 6 active cores on xperia side

Android recovery is available by pressing Volume up during first 3 seconds of boot.

It is showing up in Fastboot

Bootscreen

The sim slider has nice quality but only allows for either dual sim or sd card

If you got any questions until i hopefully continue this post with more info on how to flash sailfish, i am happy to try answering.

Last edited by mosen; 2017-12-29 at 23:38. Reason: Added info that pictures 6 to 18 are taken with Accione P camera

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I met my dear sister in law today again and got some more details.

First of all, we had a good laugh about my lack of spanish because i pronounced Jala like i do Jolla. Wrong.
The J is pronounced like in jalapeņo.

Turns out she explicitly asked the shop employees for the Sailfish version and Employees told her the only option will be to return the device and have it flashed in the store in a matter of 15 minutes process.

If this is really the last word, i will have the next opportunity of a bolivian kontakt buying the sfos version, signing for the warranty and traveling to germany in summer.

Until then i will try to get contact to someone at Jala and look for other options. Maybe shop employees simply do not want to bother customers with diy options at all? Otherwise it could be a legal issue. Lets see. I am on to it.

Ah, yes, import by postal service (at least to germany) is not advised. Apart of the fcc stamp in the manual i could not find any certification for the eu as expected.
Customs might sack it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
jala jala!

Congratulations. That was one ugly phone

you should set up shop

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-01 at 13:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
jala jala!

Congratulations. That was one ugly phone
yeah, i am still 50/50 on wether i like the design.
It is obviously too big. The rounded edges help a little but why the heck... geez
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
you should set up shop
Nah, not after even intex and youyota did not find enough buyers.
Jala does it right. They keep it small but build up infrastructure around the product. They do inhouse adaption and train locals into app devs. What we see is the beginning of something beautifull. Trust me.

Happy new year dave!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Progression Session!
Jala just tweeted they are looking for beta testers to come to the above mentioned stores and try out sailfish.
https://twitter.com/Accione_Jala/sta...71401389105152

1 year and 4 month after release of the phone, they still work on sailfish. Frankly, i was waiting for cancellation anytime.
That is some piece of good news.
Still the beta seems to be for locals only as they ask for phone number and which store you want to visit.
Makes no difference, i am still facing ridiculous amount of work and would not be able to beta test anything right now...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Good news for Jolla indeed; but how about harbour? Will it be included in their ecosystem? We have no news about it, so I guess the answer to this is a NO.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2019-02-23 at 07:22.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

Tags
jala accione, sailfish os