Notices

It would be nice if the phone could react to different cells with different actions.
For example if you go to work you are always in a specific cell and maybe you want to have your phone in silent mode.
Currently you would have to do this manually twice every day (at least) if you want to activate it at work and switch back to normal profile after work.
With cell based information it could be switched automatically without draining battery for GPS.
I had an application like this for Symbian and it was very handy.
It would be nice to have this for Maemo/Meego as well.
Is it possible?

Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
you might be interested in shepherd then. in development by attila77, latest update here.

Do you think it will do the same?
It was announced months ago and never released so I am not sure about it...

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I always wanted something like this when working in London and commuting on the train. I often would fall asleep on the way home and travel past my stop - an app which could give an alarm when it got to a certain point would have been very useful indeed! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Should be very possible to accomplish with the conic stuff.

@DaSilva/JohnLF: How would you tell your phone which GSM cell you want something to happen in - I guess you'd have to be there and say "when connected to this GSM cell, execute «task»"?

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
I always wanted something like this when working in London and commuting on the train. I often would fall asleep on the way home and travel past my stop - an app which could give an alarm when it got to a certain point would have been very useful indeed! :-)
You know you could always use the awesome power of GPS...