Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
*Sonic*
Sorry but keep on dreaming. You bought totally wrong device to your needs and If I were you would try to make some kind of deal to change it.

Good luck.

Dont get me wrong there are things I like about the N900 but like I say im disheartened it isnt as big as it could have been, and its shortcomings wont really be rectified as the market has moved on

I ddint buy the phone as such, I got it on contract therefore cant sell it on until the contract is up, and Nokia massively over hyped and over marketed the product to what it is not, and not what it is (UK Market)

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post:
I have both the galaxy s captivate and the n900 ... I like the galaxy s better due to better hardware but I still think maemo is better android is not all that great. I can't wait for the n9 ...

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
I want more portrait modes for default apps like email and sms etc
I exactly do not want the default email or SMS application in portrait mode because reading in that small format would be far away from the way of email reading that I am used on my PC
and SMS in portrait has always been a bad thing for me.

YMMV.

Of course the possibility to select(!) would be fine for you.

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
I exactly do not want the default email or SMS application in portrait mode because reading in that small format would be far away from the way of email reading that I am used on my PC
and SMS in portrait has always been a bad thing for me.

YMMV.

Of course the possibility to select(!) would be fine for you.

Yes, having the choice alone would be nice

just bricked my sgs with the froyo upgrade and i'm back to n900 ... and i'm not happy

there are a few things i could not fix in sgs, i couldn't find a sip application to match nokia's system integrated app and i had a few issues with the google apps (think that's why i messed up the phone in the end), couldn't find an email app that could attach any type of file ...

but, the screen is so great, it's so light; swype and voice really rock ... i don't really miss that keyboard, photo apps are so much better, video is better, wifi is better; gps is better

hope i can fix it soon

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
just bricked my sgs with the froyo upgrade and i'm back to n900 ... and i'm not happy

there are a few things i could not fix in sgs, i couldn't find a sip application to match nokia's system integrated app and i had a few issues with the google apps (think that's why i messed up the phone in the end), couldn't find an email app that could attach any type of file ...

but, the screen is so great, it's so light; swype and voice really rock ... i don't really miss that keyboard, photo apps are so much better, video is better, wifi is better; gps is better

hope i can fix it soon
What exactly is it's status that you think it's bricked?
It's only bricked if you smashed the usb port or you have ruined the bootloader and now have an exclamation mark when you try to power it up.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

well ... starts, i see the galaxy logo and the flashy booting video, but that's it ... black screen and vibrations it's all i get next
and it seems my unit has the 3 button menu locked, so i cannot restore it
tried few tricks; tried adb, odin, lots of button combinations ...
the phone is seen by the computer as media storage, tried to force it to use some drivers; but i failed ... maybe it's not suppose to work like that, maybe the drivers were not good

funny thing is that kies identifies the phone; but tells me that i need to put in in kies mode

if you could help with some ideas .... i'd be grateful!

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
well ... starts, i see the galaxy logo and the flashy booting video, but that's it ... black screen and vibrations it's all i get next
and it seems my unit has the 3 button menu locked, so i cannot restore it
tried few tricks; tried adb, odin, lots of button combinations ...
the phone is seen by the computer as media storage, tried to force it to use some drivers; but i failed ... maybe it's not suppose to work like that, maybe the drivers were not good

funny thing is that kies identifies the phone; but tells me that i need to put in in kies mode

if you could help with some ideas .... i'd be grateful!
My lead was to tell you to use adb recovery, but you say you have already tried that one (: thats too bad.
Though, I have heard stuff about :
- Take battery out for 10 min
- Hold your download mode combination and put battery back in
- Once screen flickers once - stop holding power button, but keep rest.
- Phone should boot to download mode.
- Use odin
Happily i got 3 button combo - didn't you read about not playing with your phone if it doesn't have 3 button combo ??? ):
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
The Galaxy S is a nice little toy . . . I have played with it before . . . If you are looking for a better replacement for your iphone than I would say go with the samsung galaxy s . . . If you are looking for a replacement for your laptop than I would say go with the Nokia N900

Tags
n900-fail-wail