Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
This sounds like a direct competitor to the IT series...

The platform might be similar to the one used by Nokia in the N800 web tablet, but will be different from a very important point of view: Arm Inc. is creating a completely open platform that will be shared with the open-source community as Kerry McGuire, director of strategic alliances in Arm's mobile computing group, said. She wants to see 90 million of these devices on the market until 2010.
Arm's Debian-based Linux distribution, MontaVista's operating system, a desktop and application environment from Gnome Mobile, a web browser from Mozilla, a multimedia player and other components like integrated hardware management for battery and power savings will be included in the platform. Some other features such as a customizable user interface and various options for wireless connectivity will be available.
Hopefully the ITs will also be able to take advantage of this proposed open architecture.

Link

Isn't that an old article? The date says October 5, 2007.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Isn't that an old article? The date says October 5, 2007.
Crud- I guess I should have added a "via"

Ran across it here

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
beagleboard with a battery and a case

well, as i see it, most parts of n800 are closed due to hardware partners, not nokia. so as soon as these partners acknowledge opening the hardware, n800/n810 can be completely open too.

Tags
arm, montavista