This has been the topic i have been discussing with my friends on our geek rampage days for the past few months.
Samsung is huge and seemingly unstoppable, they have tentacles in every lucrative business field, from electronics, not just mobiles to construction and house appliances, IE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Heavy_Industries

I'm just glad they are involved in the development of a Linux Mobile distribution as well.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-10-28 at 11:36.

I think the Galaxy Nexus might be my next phone. I nearly bought an N9 from handtec.co.uk but keep reminding myself of what I'll be missing out on - flash support, hdmi out, easy usb, better game support (more titles), better codec suport for video playback.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
i have to remember u how weak were the samsung phones a while ago? nice quality, but very weak OS.
they are lucky enough with this android and google who really develop an functional and nice operating system for phones.
i think we have to thank google that they show us how much windows, simbian and apple suck.

my main question is what samsung will do when google will take his android and will go on they own way?

untill then, i have to agree that they deserve to be were they are.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
In terms of marketshare, yes... but:

a). They're not making profits anywhere close to what apple is making... b). Remember the Microsoft Android tax: MS could be making as high as $25 per Android handset sale.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
i think we have to thank google that they show us how much windows, simbian and apple suck.
The last thing I plan to do is to thank Google for spying on us, selling every little piece of information they can lay hands on, even if it's just my shoe size.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Steve Jobs must be turning over in his grave

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Steve Jobs must be turning over in his grave
maybe he knows the results and decide to ....

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
In terms of marketshare, yes... but:

a). They're not making profits anywhere close to what apple is making... b). Remember the Microsoft Android tax: MS could be making as high as $25 per Android handset sale.
We'll keep this in mind in case we decide to invest in one of the two companies.

In contrast, when choosing from which company to buy consumer products, one may see advantages to picking the one with the bigger marketshare.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
We'll keep this in mind in case we decide to invest in one of the two companies.

In contrast, when choosing from which company to buy consumer products, one may see advantages to picking the one with the bigger marketshare.
The issue is with sustainability.

Remember Palm? Hp's mobile devices? Ericsson?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!