Closed Thread
I flashed it without a freaking problem. everything works great. Browser is far more faster then the previous 1.1.1 version. all options work like a charm. most bugs i know of have been fixed. im on version 10.2010.12-9

I also got 2 sms messages from nokia after the new introduction screen. you guys had that too?

Last edited by sygys; 2010-05-03 at 05:51.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
psswitcher(Phone Speakers Switcher) in extras-devel is having some issues with this leaked PR1.2. Can anyone confirm this plz..

Catorise works fine.

USSD Widget doesn't seem to want to show up on the desktop though.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
I flashed it without a freaking problem. everything works great. Browser is far more faster then the previous 1.1.1 version. all options work like a charm. most bugs i know of have been fixed. im on version 10.2010.12-9

I also got 2 sms messages from nokia after the new introduction screen. you guys had that too?
sounds like you just got tracked....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

My device just works better after the update as most of the promised fixes and updates are there(24 hours intensive use of pr1.2). No disadvantages so far, and somehow i'm feeling only people with problems (logically) end up here stating the update is unstable. However to my opinion we hear these complaints with every fw-update so far.

You don't have to use USSD widget anymore... You can dial from the phone now...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
no one knows where rtcom-eventlogger is located??

Everything is working for me except the conversations inbox widget.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
sounds like you just got tracked....
I think that these so called 'SMS' have been embedded into the installation file......like when installing Windows and receiving an e-mail from Microsoft on opening Outlook Express, before even setting up an account. So not tracking! It would be pretty impossible for Nokia to know your phone number straight away

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Ive been using my n900 with the new beta firmware for 24 hours HEAVILY (Web browsing and Internet) I also re overclocked it to 900 mhZ

1: the web browser has crashed 5 times with an internal error warning
----Has not happened once for me
2: the web browser has frozen twice and i had to take the battery out
3: the web browser sometimes loaded with just the address bar and no other buttons like full screen and back
4: hildon-home has stopped responding twice ----Has not happened once for me
5: my battery went from 44% to 5% then back to 30% for example a few times really fast
6: plugging the n900 in for a charge sometimes didn't charge and needed a restart
----Only happens when I use a cheap charger and has not happened once with regular charger.
7: the media widget still has the play bug where it doesn't work
----When i click play, It plays and works perfect
8: i got the portrait mode bug once
----Havent got it once, and love browsing in Portrait mode in browser.

edit:
10: my phone and coversation apps stopped recording call and conversation history. had to restore again
----Has not happened to me

Edit: late to work today
11: Woke up to my phone alarm not going off? it had the alarm time on the screen with snooze and stop but no alarm. will be going back to PR1.1.1 first thing when I get home.
----Ill test this tonight! But get a real alarm clock lol :P

Lol this firmware has been like heaven for me... Its perfect...except for the Opengl thing. Ive been listening to pandora for 2 hours now too (Currently am atm)... All apps i use and need work perfect except brain party! I need my brain Party OMGGGGZ

Also I took my old MCE.ini file and put it in my "new" n900 and it works flawlessly with purple and "police" style light styles.Also fades before it locks

Wont be going back to any other firmware!

Edit: No i didnt get any SMS's from nokia after install... I did however try unsuscribing from "My Nokia" to see what it would so and i got an "Unsuscribe failed" message (Prolly cuz the service isnt ready)

Edit2: To everyone having problems... Flash again!

Edit3: Just added screenshots on my Blog... its in my signature!
My Site and Blog

Last edited by Kurele; 2010-05-03 at 07:35.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kurele For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, problem, troubleshooting