Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Whenever I open my camera application I receive a "Operation Failed" Message and it closes. I have the PR 1.2 RC but everything has been fine for the 2 weeks I have been using it till now. I Have 23 GB free total and 63% free rootfs. Yes I have rebooted the phone! Any fixes for this?
My Site and Blog

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Any 3rd party applications installed, or something from Extras-Devel or Extras-Testing?
How do you trigger this? Both when opening the lens first, and when starting the Camera app from the apps menu?

Lots but none involving the camera. It worked fine yesterday but when i woke up this morning it didnt. In that time period i didnt install anything. To trigger it i just open the camera app. like I would any other day. And yes i get the same results Opening the Lens and Pressing the menu icon :/
My Site and Blog

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Well, any multimedia app can block the camera as the camera needs gstreamer access. That's also why your media player stops when taking a picture...

Maybe a syslog could help you finding the reason. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Stock_answers#Need_a_syslog for more info...

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Omg i feel like an idiot! I installed the "I am here" app a few weeks ago and couldnt get it working and it said the config file was in /etc/omapcam/ so i deleted all the config files in there to try and reset the configuration. Good thing I backed them up! Just replaced them, rebooted and it works fine Close thread! ))
My Site and Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to Kurele For This Useful Post: