Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Could a script in userContent.css specific to the URL help with these problems?

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Looks like the OP's router/extender/whatever doesn't even load the page if the minimum resolution condition is not met.
What product is that? That's my question.

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Dear Community,

I use my device to setup for example WLAN networks and make router modifications while I have no PC in range.

The problem is that some routers want "800x600" as minimum resolution, its impossible then to access the router / repeater... else. Is it possible to bypass that and send the "webserver" that the Maemo browser is using "800x600" and not "800x480"?

I think that it is quite important for some people here so they can access such websites / devices.
Workaround: user VNCViewer on the n900 to connect to some other *nix desktop on your lan, and then from that maintain your brain dead router/wlan hardware

Um. Customize your user-agent to include a resolution. I assume the router has scripted page that drops access with a lower reso or none provided.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Or maybe use greasemonkey to override the javascript...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
There is not a single website in the world that will fail to work on a browser running sized smaller then its minimum width. You will simply get both horizontal and vertical scrolling.

There is no need to "fake" screen resolution.
Most of the T-Online Speedport routers want 800x600 minimum, I had so far no chance to bypass it with a easy solution. Portrait mode or anything similar doesn't helps at all.

Um. Customize your user-agent to include a resolution. I assume the router has scripted page that drops access with a lower reso or none provided.
How could I do that?

I wonder if you disabled javascript before connecting if it would work, since that's the only way the speedport could get your screen size anyway.

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Most of the T-Online Speedport routers want 800x600 minimum, I had so far no chance to bypass it with a easy solution. Portrait mode or anything similar doesn't helps at all.

How could I do that?
Easy way? Install useragent-hide, learn how useragents work and include the required resolution value.