Closed Thread
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by leon.anavi View Post
I've just gave my vote. I am a developer and in my opinion the main challenge in front of our community is not to survive but to evolve.
That's however the duty of each and every single community member, neither the one of council nor BoD. Both entities serve the community and pick up on whatever is happening there, done by regular users. The council occasionally may suggest ideas, or bring news to the general community public's notice. Not much more that either entity can - and should - do for the community's evolvement. It's you who evolve or at least drive any such evolution, not the council or BoD evolving anything for you.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-06-25 at 21:57.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Probably offtopic but... I can not login with my TMO account to vote. Do I need to make a new account for maemo.org?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Probably offtopic but... I can not login with my TMO account to vote. Do I need to make a new account for maemo.org?
Yes, it seems that you need maemo.org in order to vote. Then, you can request voting token on voting page of current election.
I am not sure if there are any restrictions on new-ness of maemo.org accounts.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Yes, it seems that you need maemo.org in order to vote. Then, you can request voting token on voting page of current election.
I am not sure if there are any restrictions on new-ness of maemo.org accounts.
Best wishes.
There generally is: GARAGE Accounts have to be at least 3 months old. And user needs a minimum of 10 for karma. Though during this elections term the former council has defined a certain exception rule that is:
since the services been broken (and karma calculation still is, to a certain degree), you are free to write a mail to council@maemo.org, state your garage account and email in garage account and provide pointers to contributions to maemo that prove that you're no bloody newcomer but have been "with maemo" for >3 months, and council will do its best to mail a token to you. This is not limited by any karma you have or don't have achieved.
Also there's a very small number of maemo community members that for various reasons haven't received any mail with ballot/token despite they (now) fulfill all the karma and account-age requirements. We ecplicitly invite those community members to also bring their issue to the council, by mail, exactly like explained above.

Best Regards
jOERG
(MCC & HFC councilor)

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-06-26 at 06:30.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Voted. Your turn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Oh, bum. That would explain it then. My garage account is only about a week old with karma = 0.
But at least the error message might have been a bit more helpful than,

The e-mail address and username you gave do not match an existing voter, or you have already voted.

...while being logged with and my full name shown proudly in the top right corner

Though during this elections term the former council has defined a certain exception rule
Oh, goodie

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Voted. Hope that many will do so.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
voting was quick and easy your turn now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Voting done.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I voted for the first time ever!
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread