Posts: 28 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Great work!
Tried the attached .deb file, and this player has potential.
I would like it to be a little more finger friendly though.
Also the ability to show album art, would be much welcome.
Is there a chance you could get it to search a specific folder/folders when setting up the database, because now it crashed after searching entire memory, including every game folder for supported files...
Will follow this port gladly!

The Following User Says Thank You to GuitarGuru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
I would like it to be a little more finger friendly though.
Also the ability to show album art, would be much
welcome.
Definately
Is there a chance you could get it to search a specific folder/folders when setting up the database, because now it crashed after searching entire memory, including every game folder for supported files...
Well, it's not supposed to crash on database updates. I didn't upload the -dbg package yet, need to wait for my garage account.

You can set the start folder for the "Files" entry in "/home/user/.config/rockbox.org/config.cnf" by adjusting this: "start directory: /home/user/music/".

If it repeatly crashes on the database stuff, you can delete the broken database files in ""/home/user/.config/rockbox.org/" too.

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Is there a chance you could get it to search a specific folder/folders when setting up the database, because now it crashed after searching entire memory
Ok, I just tried rebuilding my database from scratch. The crash is related to this build, it was working before...

Thomas

Hi,

Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
There's also a n8xx package, it works on my n900
though I have no idea how good it runs on the real hardware:
http://simonv.com/rockbox/n8xx-rockb...emo0_armel.deb
Playing a song and messing with the bass works brilliantly on the N800. However, trying to use the database feature crashes Rockbox with: "*PANIC*[\n]Stkov: tagcache". Thanks for your hard work!

Happy new year to you, too

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Great, this could revive my N8x0 tablets ! Will give the preview a spin when I get home...

Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Playing a song and messing with the bass works brilliantly on the N800. However, trying to use the database feature crashes Rockbox with: "*PANIC*[\n]Stkov: tagcache". Thanks for your hard work!

Happy new year to you, too
Ok, I've uploaded a new build which doesn't crash on database initialization anymore. It will run about 10% slower as it doesn't use native ARM threads (which run out of stack and then crash).

Download:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/rockbox/

Last edited by thomasjfox; 2011-01-12 at 22:32. Reason: Point download link to extras-devel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
So where should I send my firstborn? Thank you so much for this.

Rockbox on my N900!

Happy New Year!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

thanks...working great so far...

CasTTeLLo

GAPLESS IS HERE!!!

I can't thank you enough for this. I can finally listen to mixes as they are meant to be heard.

I'm using n900 build 3.7.2 and it seems to be running fine so far.

Would also like to second the request for better support for using fingers in menu navigation. I had a hard time selecting menu items with my finger even after recalibrating the app. The stylus works much more precisely but I prefer to never have to use it when out and about (might drop it in a subway track ) .

a small price to pay on the first release though. lol

Thanks again and happy new year!

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
I'm not very familiar with Rockbox, especially in its recent versions and the new RaaA incarnation, so maybe the question is very stupid... but just in case :

Is it conceivable that RaaA could support some sort of API (through USB, Bluetooth or whatever) for remote control by an external device ? At least for basic functions like next-track and volume up/down ?

The main reason I'm still clinging to my antique iRiver H340 is that it has a (proprietary) remote. For most uses (public transportation, bike riding, skiing etc.) it stays safely tucked away with only the remote sticking out.

I'd love to repurpose my N800 as an MP3 workhorse but I'd be lost without a remote of some sort, just like the modern tactile offerings from Cowon, iRiver et al.

Tags
audiophile, rockbox