Notices

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
There are two copies of the compatibility list, a real-time searchable version you can submit your own results to, as well as the Wiki at-a-glance version that has all the details in one long page and is generated periodically from the data collected in the real-time version.

Can everyone please register with my UAE4Maemo compatibility site and submit compatibility reports there rather than in this thread. It ensures you provide all the information we need and submissions are added immediately to the real-time compatibility list.

You do not need go through a painful registration process, you can login to my site using your maemo.org login details by registering your maemo.org OpenID URL with my site. Just login to maemo.org then click here for your OpenID URL. Then simply copy and paste your OpenID Identity URL (this will probably be http://maemo.org/openid/id/username/ where username is your maemo.org username) into the OpenID URL form on the login page of my site and click Verify.

The first time it will ask you to confirm a few details to register your account with my site (it still e-mails you a random password so you can still login if your OpenID host stops working, you can safely ignore it) and once confirmed you can submit compatibility reports right away. No messing around trying to get the captcha right or waiting for confirmation e-mails.

If you already registered an account on my site and want to assign it to your OpenID URL then let me know via private message your username (on my site) and your OpenID URL (from maemo.org or whatever OpenID host you use) so I can assign your account to your OpenID.

However if you really REALLY do not want to register with my site, feel free to continue to post your tests to this thread. However all information added from this site is registered under the username maemo.org, whereas if you post it yourself its under your own username and you can always edit it again later if you find different settings work better.

Testing:

Throttle:
I have not found any good reason to use anything other than throttle setting 0. However some people have reported changing it makes some games playable that otherwise ran badly.

Throttle settings 40 and above will ALWAYS slow down the emulated Amiga making some games easier than they should be.

Frame skip:

It is recommended to NOT use the frame skip Auto setting unless the game does not work properly on any other setting, as it enables cycle exact emulation and results in a very fluctuating frame rate making games feel choppy. Try starting with 0 and increase it (pop open the menu with Ctrl + Backspace, change it then choose Run) until the sound works smoothly. If the game has crashed you may need to choose Reset or even close and reopen the emulator before trying different settings. Some titles may only work with Auto mode, if a title crashes on settings 0-5 then always close UAE4All before trying it on Auto as sometimes it can corrupt the emulator so it will not work properly until it has been reloaded.

Virtual Floppy Drives:

Some games will crash or report out of memory using the default option of 2 floppy drives. Therefore if you have problems getting a game to run, always try changing drives to 1 before assuming it doesn't work.

Also, some multi-floppy games ONLY work in the first drive (DF0) so do not assume a game is broken if you have all disks inserted but it asks you to insert disk two, three, etc. If that happens bring up the menu and put the disk requested into the first drive.

Over-clocking:

If you are over-clocking please let us know what your maximum over-clocked speed is set at. This is useful as some games run full speed with frame skip 0 when over-clocked but require a higher setting at stock speed. This means you may report a game as running perfectly when over-clocked when in fact it runs poorly at stock speed. If you have tested a game both over-clocked and not over-clocked, please mention that too and any differences you may have seen including if you had to change any settings in UAE4All to improve performance.

I REALLY do not want to register on your site to post compatibility reports!

I cannot force you but I really really wish you would as it allows you to be credited for your help and saves me a lot of time and energy.

However if you are posting compatibility results in this thread then please do not forget to mention your throttle, frame skip and number of enabled drives. If you do not I shall assume the defaults of throttle 0, frame skip auto, drives 2. It is also essential you mention the UAE4All version you are testing on (shown in the title of the main menu) or I cannot add your test results to the database.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2010-06-16 at 05:03.

rc2-8 , throttle set to 0
speedball2
loads fine, music plays, am able to run a "demo game", but as i then goto one player game, and get to the actual game, i have about 3 seconds of play before it freezes up and i have to quit back to the uae menu.

Originally Posted by darksun9210 View Post
rc2-8 , throttle set to 0
speedball2
loads fine, music plays, am able to run a "demo game", but as i then goto one player game, and get to the actual game, i have about 3 seconds of play before it freezes up and i have to quit back to the uae menu.
dude. speedball 2 is fine!

the return key and the ". : ?" key either side of the up button pause the game. you sure that's not what's happening?

supercars and supercars 2 are non working.
flood non working

nuclear war works fine. bit awkward with mouse emu as it is tho!

stuntcar racer.
biplanes.
silkworm.
swiv.
paradroid 90
are all good.

rc2-8

Last edited by baron von bubba; 2010-04-21 at 16:39.

Note for Overclockers
Overclocking does not seem to make noticeable difference in UAE4All yet it will generally consume 100% CPU between it, Xorg and PulseAudio. As such its better for the health of your N900 (and battery life) to use 600Mhz max while using UAE4All as you will just be heating up the N900 and draining the battery for nothing.

http://wiki.github.com/smokku/uae4all/compatibility

not sure who wrote this, but i wouldn't agree at all, demos are stuttery on the sound at the standard clock rates. work perfectly when overclocked!

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by baron von bubba View Post
supercars and supercars 2 are non working.
flood non working
Flood is working fine for me on latest build. ill test supercars soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to mthmob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by baron von bubba View Post
Note for Overclockers
Overclocking does not seem to make noticeable difference in UAE4All yet it will generally consume 100% CPU between it, Xorg and PulseAudio. As such its better for the health of your N900 (and battery life) to use 600Mhz max while using UAE4All as you will just be heating up the N900 and draining the battery for nothing.

http://wiki.github.com/smokku/uae4all/compatibility

not sure who wrote this, but i wouldn't agree at all, demos are stuttery on the sound at the standard clock rates. work perfectly when overclocked!
I wrote that and I had not been the only person who didn't notice any difference on the things I tested. I guess it must depend on what part of the emulator is being stressed the most. I have removed the notice as if it does help for some people I guess its worth overclocking. To be fair, I keep mine overclocked anyway most of the time anyway. I did notice one thing though, its a good idea to add anything between 550 and the speed you are overclocking to into the ignored speeds list. UAE causes a lot of speed switches and every time it does you get a stutter. So its better that it jumps straight from 500 to top speed rather than using all those inbetween.

Anyway, I have added the titles mentioned here to the compatibility list.

My Websites

Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2010-05-18 at 13:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
ahhaaaaa! kay cool! i didn't know about the pause buttons.

anyway, rc2-8 ....

lotus2
seems to crash out uae completely directly after loading the boot loader. actually takes out any other apps i have running at the time aswell.

elfmania
game loads fine, but as soon as i got to "entering one player game - loading" it just hangs. not a pause issue

Lemmings 1
loads fine, plays the intro, but then when the amination has finished and fades out, am left with the lemming paw mouse pointer to move around, and not much else.

speedball2
not the pause thing, as didn't touch any buttons and it still locked up. must be my version

Ledgend of Kryndia - Book of Friends and Fables NTSC version
works fine. disk swap central though!

Workbench 1.3
loads fine, and the "say" program works! (god that takes me back)

Last edited by darksun9210; 2010-04-22 at 08:18.

lotus 2 works great! (you just need to wait little...... longer) - one of my favourites, great music
tried few different versions

btw. worth mentioning, in testing process to use different versions of games
same applied to original amiga disks
there is a torrent somewhere...

testing with rc2-10

Those of you testing Speedball 2 with different results, can you report what versions you are trying?

Do they have an intro telling you which cracking group made the release? Would be good to know which version is the one that works.

My Websites

Picodrive - UAE4All

kick off 2 - works fine
chase hq - works fine
turrican 1 - works fine
arkanoid - works fine
shadow of the beast - works fine
zool - works fine
double dragon - works fine
pga tour golf - works fine

all tested on rc2-10