ok now i'm getting worried, a second scratch appeared

just over a mm long about 2 cms to the right of the first one
both of them going straight up

the first one is actually longer, but the extended part of it is not that deep so only visible under certain angles and i cant feel it when i run my nail across it
can definately feel the upper part and the other one though, can even hear it when i hit them

this can't be normal, right?

i am certain that the screen did not touch anything but my fingers and the inside of my pocket

pants don't have any kind of metal near the pockets so the hardest the screen could have touched is jeans stitching
surely that cant scratch it?
or aren't they scratches?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
check your pocket carefully! could be a fragment of something in the cotton lining? seeing as its a straight scratch!

assume this is what happened to me with my Zig Zag scratch that set this thread off!

I havnt had any additional scratches since to my relief! The one i have isnt that visable either so I'm hoping thats it for me!

If Nokia support the handset in your country have a go at getting the screen changed under warranty!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
I read alot into this issue people were having with scratching the screens of their N9's.

A couple of interesting replys I read were that included the following....

1. it isn't actually the gorilla glass that people are scratching so easily, but mearly the coating that's added to lessen fingerprint smudges etc. Sounds believable to me.

2. I read a suggestion that if you have these hairline scratches, and gently apply a tiny amount of clear car wax using a lint-free cloth, that they will disappear. Anyone tried this yet? If I do develop light scratches as described by others I'll be giving the above a go, I'm thinking it would probably work, especially something like Colinite which makes quite noticable scratches on my car bodywork disappear for months on end.

I have managed to get 2 real scratches on mine.. Hard to see but they are there..

I find it strange thou because on the phone I got from my work (sonim xp3) horrible phone by the way, I have really tried hard, REALLY hard, to get a scratch but it's impossible and it also has gorilla glas..?

Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
ok now i'm getting worried, a second scratch appeared

just over a mm long about 2 cms to the right of the first one
both of them going straight up

the first one is actually longer, but the extended part of it is not that deep so only visible under certain angles and i cant feel it when i run my nail across it
can definately feel the upper part and the other one though, can even hear it when i hit them

this can't be normal, right?

i am certain that the screen did not touch anything but my fingers and the inside of my pocket

pants don't have any kind of metal near the pockets so the hardest the screen could have touched is jeans stitching
surely that cant scratch it?
or aren't they scratches?
screen protector , yo should have bought one prior getting the phone !

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
screen protector , yo should have bought one prior getting the phone !
+1 I purchased the skinomi wrap before phone arrived. Works great. Screen protectors run 1-4 dollars, not much, then no more complaining on this thread. This thread has overlived it's original purpose though.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Here's a mother of all scratches on a 3day old N9
Dropped by mistake from around 2ft on pavement.

http://imgur.com/JtkAy
Attached Images

Last edited by noipv4; 2012-03-15 at 05:02.

Looks more like a crack from the picture you posted?

has someone been able to get it repaired under warranty??
found a scratch on my device too...

Managed to get a small (about 1.5cm) scratch on my now 5 days old N9-64GB. >____<
Noticable with fingernail, and with white background a rainbow of colours is appearing as I move the device.

F***ing annoying that.