I"m still using my n900 as main and only phone. It's my second n900, broke the usb of the first one, keep it fore spare parts in case. A little bit slow some times (I hate to have to wait for the camera to start....), but all the other aspects are so nice, and I love to impress people with hardware stuff that are more or less usefull but make people say whaooo:
tv out,
tv b-gone
fm transmitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to viralata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Greater Manchester
i bought my N900 in november 09, i have never used linux...
im a rapper from a crew in salford called madpack check us out... im the 1st guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm-J3NlTjk

i write all my rimes on my n900, no other phone lets u do that.
pen pen has helped me reduce my carbon footprint coz i no longer use paper
theres only 1 phone u can call the best phone ever....N900
i could go on bout lots more like 32gb full web browser loyal community multitasking its never ending and my usb is broken but im goin takin it to be soldererd up tomorrow so be just like new again

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to demonarch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by demonarch View Post
i bought my N900 in november 09, i have never used linux...
im a rapper from a crew in salford called madpack check us out... im the 1st guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLm-J3NlTjk

i write all my rimes on my n900, no other phone lets u do that.
pen pen has helped me reduce my carbon footprint coz i no longer use paper
theres only 1 phone u can call the best phone ever....N900
i could go on bout lots more like 32gb full web browser loyal community multitasking its never ending and my usb is broken but im goin takin it to be soldererd up tomorrow so be just like new again
word bro

: p

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Meran, Italy
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I wonder why he couldn't. Was it using flash or some obscure streaming protocol? No MHL->HDMI cable etc. available?
I don't know: he started to surf in the net for a site where to get the race streming. He found the same I found, but he wasn't able to see anything...

I couldn't figure out why: he was always asked to install a number of plugins...

pkz

The Following User Says Thank You to pkz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by pkz View Post
I don't know: he started to surf in the net for a site where to get the race streming. He found the same I found, but he wasn't able to see anything...

I couldn't figure out why: he was always asked to install a number of plugins...

pkz
flash player isn't supported in latest android ( >4.1) but he could get the apk and install manually and the default browser and opera classic and firefox all support flash .

The Following User Says Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ GTA Ontario
It's my primary personal phone as well, but I do have a BlackBerry Zed10 from work.

Still like my N900 for its keyboard and apps like PasswordSafe and Conboy.

Like the ease of scheduling and scripting my backups.

And of course the extra SD storage, love it !

Still running since August 2010. Just needs a re flash to get mplayer running again

Very solid phone, I'll use it till it die :-D

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gadgetChris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Got mine in January 2010. So it's been a while. And y'know, I keep an eye out, watching the market for anything that meets my needs.

But right now what I get by with is a pocket Linux computer that provides 'net connectivity to the other devices I have (my iPad and my laptop) simultaneously via Bluetooth PAN. And text messaging. And telephony. And viewers for all the important stuff I need to get to now and again (password lists, a website or two, etc.). And an actual openssh client that doesn't require me to jump through sandbox hoops and Just Works with my keys. And an OpenVPN implementation that lets me do TAP rather than limiting me to TUN. And my PalmOS Garnet emulator (my prior phone was a Treo 680). And a web browser that can do Flash for when I need it. And a fairly complete Python environment to play with that isn't a second-class citizen. And I can make all the various buttons do what I want them to do - volume up/down has been "pageup/pagedown" for me for quite some time, for example (a hack I carried over from my N810...). And the same package management system as every server I maintain. And swappable battery if I forget to charge up (entirely too frequent, alas; I'm a tad scatterbrained like that. ). And Skype integration. And decent GPS navigation. And storage that is not only expandable but HOT-SWAPPABLE. And a hardware keyboard to handle input for it all.

It's survived drops onto concrete, an accidental burial at a beach, and a drop into water - yeah, okay, there's particles on the inside of the screen now, but it keeps going and doesn't complain overmuch.

I don't have any spares. I should probably look into getting one.

Sadly, though, it's *still* not a phone I can recommend to folks who want something that Just Works. The N900 is all about user-reachable potential - you can make it something awesome, but the onus is on you to do so. And that's not something that can be asked of most people. So I still end up recommending iPhones (don't even get me started on J2ME Google Edition).

I really hope Jolla manages to change that. I'd love to be able to recommend the same device I use. But we'll see.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Switched from n900 to sgs2 and then bought a unused n900 for cheap and I am currently using n900 again.
Waiting for sailfish and the ubuntu phone to come out and decide which one will be my next phone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razefox2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Got mine in January 2010. So it's been a while. And y'know, I keep an eye out, watching the market for anything that meets my needs.

But right now what I get by with is a pocket Linux computer that provides 'net connectivity to the other devices I have (my iPad and my laptop) simultaneously via Bluetooth PAN. And text messaging. And telephony. And viewers for all the important stuff I need to get to now and again (password lists, a website or two, etc.). And an actual openssh client that doesn't require me to jump through sandbox hoops and Just Works with my keys. And an OpenVPN implementation that lets me do TAP rather than limiting me to TUN. And my PalmOS Garnet emulator (my prior phone was a Treo 680). And a web browser that can do Flash for when I need it. And a fairly complete Python environment to play with that isn't a second-class citizen. And I can make all the various buttons do what I want them to do - volume up/down has been "pageup/pagedown" for me for quite some time, for example (a hack I carried over from my N810...). And the same package management system as every server I maintain. And swappable battery if I forget to charge up (entirely too frequent, alas; I'm a tad scatterbrained like that. ). And Skype integration. And decent GPS navigation. And storage that is not only expandable but HOT-SWAPPABLE. And a hardware keyboard to handle input for it all.

It's survived drops onto concrete, an accidental burial at a beach, and a drop into water - yeah, okay, there's particles on the inside of the screen now, but it keeps going and doesn't complain overmuch.

I don't have any spares. I should probably look into getting one.

Sadly, though, it's *still* not a phone I can recommend to folks who want something that Just Works. The N900 is all about user-reachable potential - you can make it something awesome, but the onus is on you to do so. And that's not something that can be asked of most people. So I still end up recommending iPhones (don't even get me started on J2ME Google Edition).

I really hope Jolla manages to change that. I'd love to be able to recommend the same device I use. But we'll see.
wa wa what?? J2me google edition you lame fella havent seen the note or s3/s4 yet they do everything you need buddy android best for everything open your eyes and thow the 600mhz crap in dustbin dude
welcome to the party

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Joseon
I do it in summer 2013, and still proud of this model.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMAr2wo For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900