Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I was going to open a bug for the following, but I wanted to see if anyone else can reproduce this issue in USA. I just wanted to make sure it is not an issue with just my phone.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
1. Dial a conference bridge number. eg:- AT&T USA. 1-866-285-7780 or 1-866-213-2185
2. AT&T answers the call and you will hear the announcement:
[Welcome to AT&T tele-conference. Please enter the access code followed by the # sign]
3. Enter the access code. AT&T accepts the access code and connects to the conference.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
1. Dial a conference bridge number. eg:- AT&T USA. 1-866-285-7780 or 1-866-213-2185
[Welcome to AT&T tele-conference. Please enter the access code followed by the # sign]
3. Enter the access code. You will hear key touch tone loud on your phone. AT&T never recognizes the keys. When you press the # sign, AT&T says you have entered an invalid number.

You can tell AT&T is not hearing the key tones because if you press keys during the initial announcement, it never stops when dialed from N9.

It stops announcement and connects to the conference correctly when calling from other phones.

When dialing my office and dialing extensions, it seems to work fine. It is just AT&T conf. bridge that I see and issue with.

If anyone from USA can try it I appreciate it. You don't really need my conf. id, because if you start dialing the announcement should stop.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ United States
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I was going to open a bug for the following, but I wanted to see if anyone else can reproduce this issue in USA. I just wanted to make sure it is not an issue with just my phone.

EXPECTED OUTCOME:
3. Enter the access code. AT&T accepts the access code and connects to the conference.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:
3. Enter the access code. You will hear key touch tone loud on your phone. AT&T never recognizes the keys. When you press the # sign, AT&T says you have entered an invalid number.

You can tell AT&T is not hearing the key tones because if you press keys during the initial announcement, it never stops when dialed from N9.

It stops announcement and connects to the conference correctly when calling from other phones.

When dialing my office and dialing extensions, it seems to work fine. It is just AT&T conf. bridge that I see and issue with.

If anyone from USA can try it I appreciate it. You don't really need my conf. id, because if you start dialing the announcement should stop.
Those numbers don't seem to be working. However, the following number works. Try 1-888-663-9382. It is also an AT&T Tele-Conference Service. The reason has to be studied, but I'm guessing, that it has to do with the length of touch tones.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Interesting.

I just tried that number and the announcement stops as soon as I start dialing. So I guess it would work if I had a valid access code.

I am not sure what is going on with the other number and N9.

Just wondering if any progress has been made on this issue as I have a similar problem with my operator's voicemail system.

I'm asked to type 1 or 2 depending on what I want to do, so I do so and hear the tone in the speaker, but the voicemail system doesn't "hear" them and eventually disconnects me. Result: it is impossible for me to listen to voicemail messages unless I dial in from another phone (and pay through the nose for the privilege).