Dutch
Bedankt luitjes hij werkt nu ook op de pc bij mij.
Ben er erg blij mee heb er heel lang opgewacht. Ik ben idd ook wachtende op een update voor groepsgesprekken.

English
Ty guys, its working on my pc right now!
I am really happy with it because i waited very long for a working version. And I look forward to see an update for group conversations

Hi

This seems a great work and people say it works but I have some problem;

1. I installed java and whatsapp applications via my "application manager" and works. After that I tried to get SMS to my mobile to have an activation key but I couldn't recieve. So program whats me to write "verification code" but I don't have anything to write.

2. I tried also to do it from my PC with this ".jar" thing but my Nokia Suite says that my device (N900) doesn't support .jar files, so it didn't work.

3. At the end I tried to uninstall both of programs and install them again. I hoped that I can do same things with another way. However program still ask me for verification code, I can't do anything.

So do you have idea to solve these problems. I want to try WhatsApp so much!!!

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Dallas TX
I got it working after only a couple of hiccups, first I did sms verification on phone, i got the sms but I got the "error". then I tried over phone and it said "too soon msg". After about 2 hours I tried again from the phone and did voice, I got called, same code as with the sms but this time it worked.

I do have group conversations as red squares and what not, I think it simple dosnt work right now, but this is alpha anyway.

As per adding contacts, I first did +1214..... and nothing happened, then i tried 1214.... (with out the + sign) and it worked perfectly. Maybe that will help some people.

Finally, I have whatsapp on my computer with youwave, so after I logged back on my computer my phone stopped receiving msg, so you have to re verify your code and all. So if you wanna keep playing with whatsapp on your n900/n9 dont go back to bluestack or youwave.

I guess thats as far as my experience goes for this first installment, but so far so good, great job, and keep the updates coming.

Also make the code more open so other devs can collaborate, that has always made this page worthwhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Marcial For This Useful Post:
Hello Mohammed, thanks

My problem Is I never get the SMS with the activation number... is this possible that I now reach the already-connected-since-few minutes state, without any validation code?

A problem is that I did the activation on my pc, using modified sources (faking my n900 ids, + I am behind a proxy/firewall so added some proxy code). I didn't wanted to do it on my n900.

I seems it is almost working...

Anyway Peterbjornx did a great job, congratulations to him.

Originally Posted by UCV View Post
Hi

1. I installed java and whatsapp applications via my "application manager" and works. After that I tried to get SMS to my mobile to have an activation key but I couldn't recieve. So program whats me to write "verification code" but I don't have anything to write.

2. I tried also to do it from my PC with this ".jar" thing but my Nokia Suite says that my device (N900) doesn't support .jar files, so it didn't work.

3. At the end I tried to uninstall both of programs and install them again. I hoped that I can do same things with another way. However program still ask me for verification code, I can't do anything.

Read this whole thread...

Originally Posted by Dr.Marcial View Post
Finally, I have whatsapp on my computer with youwave, so after I logged back on my computer my phone stopped receiving msg, so you have to re verify your code and all. So if you wanna keep playing with whatsapp on your n900/n9 dont go back to bluestack or youwave.
You could always set up your computer whatsapp with your landline number, works fine for me.

I'd like to say a big "thank you" to Peter for this, it is definitely great to have a proof-of-concept that whatsapp CAN work on the n900.

That said, right now it is really just an alpha version, not really that usable for me, but I'm sure it's the first step in the right direction. I'd love to see it integrated into the normal IM function, even if we don't get group conversations. Right now it's not that usable, but as I said... alpha.

EDIT: Oh yeah and this ping stuff needs to stop, right now I have like 7 open windows with ping entries on my n900.

Last edited by Ozymandias; 2012-04-24 at 14:47. Reason: addition

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
Read this whole thread...
Thanks.

I read most of posts but it is too long and I think I miss the most important point because of that.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by Dr.Marcial View Post
As per adding contacts, I first did +1214..... and nothing happened, then i tried 1214.... (with out the + sign) and it worked perfectly. Maybe that will help some people.
I tried to add contacts and it works
Thank you

Last edited by whatsappneeder; 2012-04-24 at 15:03.

Originally Posted by UCV View Post
Hi

dear frind its never posibel to install bye nokia pc sute or ovi suite... read 1st post carefully... install java in pc after open whatsapp with java

Hi, anyone can help me to login.
I write the prefs.xml file. And login again & again.
But it always fail. what is the login correct step? Pls help...

Tags
whatscrapp!