Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I've got from 22/8 till now (well, till a few days ago) anyway, still good progress, long way to go ofc.
Three then. How time flies I could swear it was only two months! But with fundraiser duration I'm still right, just rechecked!

The Following User Says Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
It really depends on what you consider the cut-off point to be, really there shouldn't be any cut-off point, yet.

Phase 4 completed!

We're already at 200 devices, woohoo! Thanks to S. M. who made 200th donation with >= 100 EUR

So...

Phase 5 starts!

Can we reach 1000?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
It really depends on what you consider the cut-off point to be, really there shouldn't be any cut-off point, yet.
And there's no "cut-off point" yet, the only one was rather psychological one set by Joerg to reach 25k EUR and 200 devices till the end of the year. Both are accomplished, so everyone willing to jump in (so maybe we reach that 1000, making 1GB RAM almost a no-brainer!) will be able to do that until we're deep into sourcing and ordering the production

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Phase 5 starts!

Can we reach 1000?
I am hoping to pre-order one as soon as my funds open up a bit. I really want this project to succeed!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
And there's no "cut-off point" yet, the only one was rather psychological one set by Joerg to reach 25k EUR and 200 devices till the end of the year. Both are accomplished, so everyone willing to jump in (so maybe we reach that 1000, making 1GB RAM almost a no-brainer!) will be able to do that until we're deep into sourcing and ordering the production
Now this gives hope that I can to jump the ship!

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Phase 5 starts!

Can we reach 1000?
If you're going to achieve this you need as much publicity as possible. I just submitted a story to Slashdot. Let's get this modded up!

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2013-12-02 at 16:40.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
If you're going to achieve this you need as much publicity as possible. I just submitted a story to Slashdot. Let's get this modded up!
Huge thanks! Seems to be gaining popularity, already orange and high on http://slashdot.org/popular

Everyone please help if you haven't yet!

------
Woohoo we're there! http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/13/...for-production

Last edited by dos1; 2013-12-03 at 00:15.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
So what audio chip has been picked for the Neo900? Same tlv320aic34 as N900?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
So what audio chip has been picked for the Neo900? Same tlv320aic34 as N900?
Yes :-)
cheers
/j

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Hey guys,

I have problems charging my N900 off a 12VDC to 5VDC USB adapter. Its supplying 1A, but I have a 500mA plug, and it too doesn't want to charge the N900.

Charging my N900 off a 12VDC source, such as a car battery, is crucial to me, and it looks like the N900 doesn't want to play ball. My Macbook will charge it, but at something like 350mA, which is pitiful, especially if the N900 is in PC Suite mode supplying internet over the USB - I'm using more power than I'm supplying.

What provisions have been made in the Neo900 to make sure it'll charge off any 5VDC source you throw at it, regardless of origin (so, power brick, laptop/ PC, or cigarette lighter plug), because I really don't want to be saddled with a phone that rejects half the power sources I have in the house for some odd reason. I am getting an extended 18Ah LiPo extended battery pack for the Macbook, but I am also getting a VAIO Duo 11 with extended "sheet" battery, and it has a nice over powered (so 1A) USB3.0 charger port (as well as supplying USB data). I will probably use the VAIO for six hour train trips from now on, when I get the bloody thing, and leave the Macbook at home. Don't worry folks, I'm running latest Ubuntu on it, I really can't stand Windows =P

Thanks for the help guys!

Shane.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boris_blackmilk For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!