Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Could some kind person post the N9 meego install file somewhere? Obviously Ovi doesn't work anymore and I can't seem to find a version...

Thanks !

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
Could some kind person post the N9 meego install file somewhere? Obviously Ovi doesn't work anymore and I can't seem to find a version...

Thanks !
I have a deb compiled from the source for N9, however I don't know if I am allowed to publish it, because there was a payed version in ovi store, this is also the reason that you could not find it.

When I have the go from the developer I could upload it to openrepos.
Or you need to contact the developer and ask if he want to publish a compiled version for free, or you need to compile it yourself.

Last edited by Halftux; 2016-04-21 at 13:39. Reason: made the statment more clear

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
From the QRemoteControl download page, one can find the Nokia Store URL for this app as:

http://store.ovi.com/content/295816

for which the archived Nokia Store page is:

http://web.archive.org/web/201502150...content/295816

This was a paid app, so it is not possible to download the app by appending a /download to the URL.

Originally Posted by Halftux View Post
I have a deb compiled from the source for N9 ... or you need to compile it yourself.
So I've got Qt SDK installed and the source for QRemoteControl-client. Running Qt Creator and go to do a build (Target- Desktop) but missing:

#include <QtQuick/QQuickView>

any thoughts?

any thoughts?
I have many thoughts more than ideas or questions.

thoughts:
Oh it seems he is a beginner.
Hmm maybe he should start with a hello world.
But very good that he tried.
What he really wants desktop or meego.
What takes me more time, explain to him or hand out the deb.
Hopefully he takes my answer not to serious, hmm the beer taste good.
Damn I am not a native speaker, thoughts equal ideas.

questions:
What kind of sdk are you using?
What source did you take?

hints:
Take the sdk for harmattan and compile for target harmattan.
Check out an older source from git, latest is for qt5 and will not work with N9.

ideas:
Releasing the binary/deb if the license not prohibit this action.
(atm no answer from developer)

I decided to release my deb on openrepos because the application is under the gpl license.

I think I used the source on this commit state. The harmattan change log stated version 2.5.0.

When I have the time I will look if later versions could be compiled for harmattan.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
I decided to release my deb on openrepos because the application is under the gpl license.

I think I used the source on this commit state. The harmattan change log stated version 2.5.0.

When I have the time I will look if later versions could be compiled for harmattan.
Thanks for the deb - but I'd love to make my own. I'm comfortable using Harmattan SDK. I noticed that Qt5 doesn't have a native N9 build target - but there are (convoluted) ways of doing it..

Can I ask what was your build environment so I can replicate it then tweak it for myself and fork my own version?

I'm comfortable using Harmattan SDK.
Why then not using it?

I noticed that Qt5 doesn't have a native N9 build target - but there are (convoluted) ways of doing it..
You can start a thread in the developer section and explain which way you choose to do it. So others can learn and also we can help you in pointing out what you made wrong or how to solve the issues that preventing you from building successful.

By the way I also posted a way how to integrate maemo5 toolchain into new desktop sdk. However my conclusion was that it is not really comfortable to use it, because of the qtcreator will missing all helpful features for ui work and the dissadvantages overbalance the advantage of having only one sdk.

Can I ask what was your build environment so I can replicate it then tweak it for myself and fork my own version?
Yes sure, I already published and shared my development environment.
Have a look here.

Yes sure, I already published and shared my development environment.
Have a look here.
Well using your (big!) VM, I'm now able to compile using your commit with no issues - thanks !!