Notices

Hi guys,

I'm a hardcord N9 fan from Singapore, and it is really annoying that WhatsApp is not being developed for this awesome phone and MeeGo OS >< I'm a heavy WA user for many projects and school work, so immediately after hearing about Wazapp I was so thrilled and eager to install the app immediately to get back to WA. Nevertheless, the app never work on me ( both the Tarek's ver and the Cepi's ver >< Every single time I tried to register my phone number it reports the same problem, that is fail-too-many and unknown after using the Try Me button.

I've tried to skim through the previous pages for solutions but they all do not seem to work on me. Plus my exams are coming up soon so I really have got no time to do all the complicated hacking process. I wrote to WhatsApp today requesting for development of WhatsApp on MeeGo, and I hope they will do so soon.

In the meantime can anyone suggest what is the best thing I should do? I heard Tarek's rewriting Wazapp so should I wait for that version? My work is suffering a lot now cos of the lack of WhatsApp, and I'm relying on my iPod which is very irritating since it's got no 3G and everytime I need Wifi to connect to WhatsApp ><

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Originally Posted by nguyendactritoan View Post
I've tried to skim through the previous pages for solutions but they all do not seem to work on me. Plus my exams are coming up soon so I really have got no time to do all the complicated hacking process. I wrote to WhatsApp today requesting for development of WhatsApp on MeeGo, and I hope they will do so soon.

In the meantime can anyone suggest what is the best thing I should do? I heard Tarek's rewriting Wazapp so should I wait for that version? My work is suffering a lot now cos of the lack of WhatsApp, and I'm relying on my iPod which is very irritating since it's got no 3G and everytime I need Wifi to connect to WhatsApp ><

Thank you very much and have a nice day
Do you see pigs flying when you look outside? WhatsApp have gone out of their way to make their latest version HARD to read and decode DELIBERATELY to ruin 'Wazapp'...

They don't give a flying monkey about our small little niche..

As for your issue, your only choice is to wait for a more stable version (next release) which could take a very long time, or just use your sim in another device, and then once the SMS request is sent CLOSE WhatsApp and then use that code in the text on your N9's wazapp.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Hala Shabab Sorry my English not excellent
I loaded this group
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12134784/MEE...10812-1310
And install and my computer will change the program to this version without any of the followers of the steps listed
Now, I open a program directly from the close connection to a network
Try it fell to the old version has not succeeded, and now I have a program does not function
Possible one of you help me and explain the works in video mode or upgrade to latest version
I would be your Shaker
I'm sorry

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Do you see pigs flying when you look outside? WhatsApp have gone out of their way to make their latest version HARD to read and decode DELIBERATELY to ruin 'Wazapp'...

They don't give a flying monkey about our small little niche..

As for your issue, your only choice is to wait for a more stable version (next release) which could take a very long time, or just use your sim in another device, and then once the SMS request is sent CLOSE WhatsApp and then use that code in the text on your N9's wazapp.
I've tried that method using my iPod. I've been using WhatsApp on iPod ever since I switched to N9 (way before Wazapp came out). I tried to re-install WhasApp on my iPod, keyed in my phone number and hoped for the SMS request to come to my N9. Nevertheless, instead of sending me a new registration code WhatsApp automatically load my account back on iPod. I think this is because my number has already been registered as an account so I cannot re-register the same number for another account?

Without the code I can't proceed much on Wazapp anymore. I tried keying in a random number but the server error: Unknown always came out. God damn ><

Still hoping that WhatsApp will support MeeGo soon enough, like they're supporting Symbian ... Or the next stable ver to be released soon

Originally Posted by nguyendactritoan View Post
I've tried that method using my iPod. I've been using WhatsApp on iPod ever since I switched to N9 (way before Wazapp came out). I tried to re-install WhasApp on my iPod, keyed in my phone number and hoped for the SMS request to come to my N9. Nevertheless, instead of sending me a new registration code WhatsApp automatically load my account back on iPod. I think this is because my number has already been registered as an account so I cannot re-register the same number for another account?

Without the code I can't proceed much on Wazapp anymore. I tried keying in a random number but the server error: Unknown always came out. God damn ><

Still hoping that WhatsApp will support MeeGo soon enough, like they're supporting Symbian ... Or the next stable ver to be released soon
Do it on a different phone/device. One you haven't used WhatsApp on yet.

They won't support MeeGo, commercially we have had our Swan Song.

There won't be any new commercial apps for the N9 UNLESS ACL actually comes out, but nobody here can hold their breath for a few years so I wouldnt expect much from ACL

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I just used Nokia Developer RDA to generate myself a code for WhatsApp registration. I anyone needs a spare phone for this procedure, Nokia has it

The Following User Says Thank You to Zvjer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zurich
With Whatsapp we will always have problems.

If they (whatsapp inc.) change a small part of the protocol wazapp stops to work.

Why don't create a open chat system based on xmpp and open open API's to share attachments?

I have Nokia N9 16GB Black and on PR 1.2. ( I am based in UAE)
I have successfully downloaded and installed Wazapp from www.wazapp.im on my Nokia N9.
But I am unable to register it and unable to get the 3 digit verification code via SMS or Voice or even "Everything failed, try this" option doesnt work.

I have enabled "Allow third party installation" and also "Allow background connection on my phone"

But I constantly get this error "Failed: server said: fail too many"

Kindly assist please ASAP...

Originally Posted by Matt-UAE View Post
I have Nokia N9 16GB Black and on PR 1.2. ( I am based in UAE)
I have successfully downloaded and installed Wazapp from www.wazapp.im on my Nokia N9.
But I am unable to register it and unable to get the 3 digit verification code via SMS or Voice or even "Everything failed, try this" option doesnt work.

I have enabled "Allow third party installation" and also "Allow background connection on my phone"

But I constantly get this error "Failed: server said: fail too many"

Kindly assist please ASAP...
Read some pages ago, you wont be able to register. You need another phone in which you register whatsapp, but type the number of your N9 (with sim inserted) to get sms verification code.

Dear Foredoomed....
Thank U for reply.. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note, where its installed successfull on its diffrent mobile no. Can I uninstall it and remove the SIM and try to re-install for my Nokia N9 as u described...???

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp