Not that bad, as I just reboot, but I would have thought they would have addressed this issue in this update.

I tested it last night. Full battery at 10pm by 3am I was getting low battery warnings while it sat idle, with the cellular radio turned off.

Not the end of the world. Nokia is doing a great job IMO with this phone. Just wanted to report that the wifi bug is still there.

2d

my Wifi battery problem (battery drained after using Wifi until it was rebooted) went away after the minor update this week..

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
Mine's still there...

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
my battery doesn't go flat this fast even with wifi and cellular on 24/7 so i would think there is something else in this mix that does it
type of router maybe encryption used, etc......

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I'm suspecting that I have the wifi-bug, but since m phone is still quite new, it's hard to tell if the battery just needs more cykles, or if I have the bug. Is there an easy way to find out if you have the bug?

Since the last FW upgrade i've noticed Battery drain after i configured a Ad-hoc connection on my N900.

I do not know if it is related to that or not, but since i upgraded the FW i had no issues with battery life, 2 days ago however i configured the ad-hoc connection, i was connected to my PC and averything ok, i disconnected, and after some time i started to feel the N900 unsually warm, i noticed then that the battery was almost empty.

I rebooted and the battery lasted for the rest of the day, no more "warm" feeling in my pocket ...

Today the same issue ... ad-hoc connected ... disconnect ... battery drain ... reboot ... now it is ok ...

For a normal WIFI (infrastructure) this does not happen, neither for 3G.

ALso one strange thing, in ad-hoc i have a lot of disconnections, almost every 3 minutes, but the power level is good ( the phone is in my pocket @ 50 cm from the PC)

Anyone sensing the same problem ?

Having Extras-Devel and Extras-Testing enabled on your N900 can cause :

PMS, constipation, diarrhea and Menopause !!!

... and also can ...very rarely Brick your phone !

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California

Originally Posted by Croc View Post
my battery doesn't go flat this fast even with wifi and cellular on 24/7 so i would think there is something else in this mix that does it
type of router maybe encryption used, etc......
I second this...with 2-3 SIP clients logged in while connected to WiFi, as I work from home, and I'm getting 18-24 hrs per charge.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
See bug https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6615#c119
This solution is fantastic.. I added the script 2 hours ago, and since than i had only 4% decrease.

4% decrease in 2 hours - that never happened before... amazing

Originally Posted by tpinhao View Post
Since the last FW upgrade i've noticed Battery drain after i configured a Ad-hoc connection on my N900.

I do not know if it is related to that or not, but since i upgraded the FW i had no issues with battery life, 2 days ago however i configured the ad-hoc connection, i was connected to my PC and averything ok, i disconnected, and after some time i started to feel the N900 unsually warm, i noticed then that the battery was almost empty.

I rebooted and the battery lasted for the rest of the day, no more "warm" feeling in my pocket ...

Today the same issue ... ad-hoc connected ... disconnect ... battery drain ... reboot ... now it is ok ...

For a normal WIFI (infrastructure) this does not happen, neither for 3G.

ALso one strange thing, in ad-hoc i have a lot of disconnections, almost every 3 minutes, but the power level is good ( the phone is in my pocket @ 50 cm from the PC)
Anyone sensing the same problem ?
Exactly the same thing here.