Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
(Most) Probably on SD card /media/mmc1/core-dumps

or

maybe (if crash happened in early boot phase,i.e. before mounting p1), then you need
umount /home/user/MyDocs
ls /home/user/MyDocs/core-dumps
#rm -fr /home/user/MyDocs/core-dumps
mount /home/user/MyDocs

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I am on the same boat as marmistrz. Installed sp-rich-core and sp-rich-core-postproc but nothing was created on an app crash. Not even the core-dumps dirs, neither in MyDocs nor in mmc1. I have RTFM but it does not say I need to do anything else, but I (accidentally) rebooted too when my battery ran out a few days later.

So what am I missing? TFM mentions a crash_reporter_daemon but nothing like that shows in ps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I am on the same boat as marmistrz. Installed sp-rich-core and sp-rich-core-postproc but nothing was created on an app crash. ... TFM mentions a crash_reporter_daemon but nothing like that shows in ps.
Try that one.

Oops, nope.
... So what am I missing? ...
You should also install "crash-reporter"!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Thanks Peter, that was the key. Looks like TFM could do with some updating

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Looks like TFM could do with some updating
???

Went to wiki pages of sp-rich-core and crash-reporter and added some lines to hopefully sort that out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hi all,

I've recently been playing around with manually controlling the N900's camera focus in an app, and discovered that moving the focus a large distance caused an unhealthy sounding "click" from the hardware. After a bit of investigation, I stumbled over Bug 9085, which describes how the N900's stock driver moves the focus too quickly, causing it to run up hard against the stop and potentially damaging the camera.

I've switched my app to only moving the focus by small amounts, and to (slowly) move the focus back to its original state when the app closes, and this seems to have gotten rid of the clicking noise.

I was wondering if this bug has already been fixed in the CSSU or in the new Camera-UI. Thanks!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
camera-ui2 moves lens at full speed during manual control and closing of application, which causes audible "click". (in case of closing application, the "click" depends on focus before closing). I have observed deteriorating of lens ability to auto-focus on a number of my devices, after prolonged use of manual focus mode, including the extreme case of one module being able to focus only as far as 30 cm thus, during auto-focus, the further possible focus is 30 cm, every shoot requiring further focus comes out blurry, every one requiring closer distance is OK).

For other cases, the "limit" gets higher, but in all of them, results in loss of ability to focus properly on scenes requiring max-out focus - BTW, it doesn't matter if you use auto focus or manual mode after the damage is done (although, manual mode "thinks" it still focus further, without actually moving the lens after certain point).

I've confirmed the damage (max "limit" being closer focus than it should be, thus no actual lens movement past certain point, despite software thinking that it still changes focus) using micrometer. I just wasn't aware what could cause such reproducible deterioration, until Copernicus published his findings.

Personally, I would mark this bug as critical (hardware damaging) and suggest avoiding using manual focus (especially the max-in and max-out shortcuts) until fix suggested by Copernicus is integrated..

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Since after a few experiments i had to poweroff my n900 pulling out the battery, i have discovered that camera-ui could not save anymore the photos in the sdcard returning the message:
"Memory full. Unable to save contents."

Digging aroung i have found what is going wrong with:
root@N900# gconftool-2 -a /system/osso/af/mmc
internal-mmc-corrupted = false
mmc-corrupted = true

While the sd card is working fine because i manually checked the fs just after the crash. (and the N900 has been already rebooted a few times)
Now i have no idea about when that flag should come back to false...
But in the meanwhile, if someone hits the same problem, the fix is :

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /system/osso/af/mmc/mmc-corrupted false

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle