Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Not if he compiles it to bytecode.

He should charge just to troll you bellbags who do not realise what a sack of crap it is.

Oh yeah, whatscrapp will charge you after 1 years usage anyway.
WhatsApp is closed and as a company they are douches.

But why the hatred towards people using the app? Alot of people on iOS and Android don't even know about Open systems let alone know that iOS and Android (the systems they adore) are proprietary and closed n evil :P

If most of your friends have iPhones n Droids and all use WhatsApp, it is a very big thing for the N9 to have it to, allows that multiplatform chat which Facebook does offer but it isn't push and its a battery killer.

Besides any development like this is a big step for the N9 and shows what it and its community can do.. Rubbing salt into Nokia's forever growing wounds!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
allows that multiplatform chat which Facebook does offer but it isn't push and its a battery killer.
Wrong. facebook use push, as google-chat, ICQ, yahoo-msn, Microsoft MSN, and ANY OTHER Instant Messaging (IM) System. It is a must for INSTANT messaging.

Whatsapp uses jabber protocol modified to avoid security. Facebook uses plain jabber. So they use similar battery power. Google-talk uses a modified jabber for reducing net use and then improving battery life. Microsoft MSN uses more battery. Don't know about Yahoo MSN. Skype is wich more battery use.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
It's brain****
Meaning: May, 01
can you explain this?

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
can you explain this?
The message posted by Tgalal on twitter has been encoded in brainfu*k programming language.

I used interpreter to execute the code in the message and it printed out "May, 01" as the output.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
You can try tgalal's tweet here:
http://www.lordalcol.com/brainf***js/ (change ***)

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Wrong. facebook use push, as google-chat, ICQ, yahoo-msn, Microsoft MSN, and ANY OTHER Instant Messaging (IM) System. It is a must for INSTANT messaging.

Whatsapp uses jabber protocol modified to avoid security. Facebook uses plain jabber. So they use similar battery power. Google-talk uses a modified jabber for reducing net use and then improving battery life. Microsoft MSN uses more battery. Don't know about Yahoo MSN. Skype is wich more battery use.
Ahh, I assumed skype and facebook as well as all traditional IM didnt use push messaging.

My post is still valid in the fact that its a big step for the N9 as is ANY programming development.. WhatsApp no matter what the haters want, is a major app in terms of the amount of people using it. So having an app for it on the N9 equals the playing field once more and means less burn for those smartphone end users who actually bought an N9 instead of an iPhone or Droid

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-04-24 at 16:58.

Well May 1st is the date then I guess

My Contributions

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Ahh, I assumed skype and facebook as well as all traditional IM didnt use push messaging.
Talking about push and pull only have sense when talking about email (or about doors).

Push: The client mantain a minimal connection. The server is who sends (pushes) the messages to the client when they arrive.

Pull: The client every some time asks for (pulls) messages on the server. So messages will be sended every some time, not just when they arrives. So an IM won't ever use pull.

Push uses less battery than pull if you receive messages from time to time but more if you receive messages every few minutes.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
Hey guys, I'm releasing a public beta on May 1. Sorry for making you wait all that long
Patience is a virtue. Looking forward to it.

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls