Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
Originally Posted by MHD.KURDY-Lebanon View Post
such great work will it support status update?
Hopefully

The Following User Says Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cologne.
@The Best Isaac: This version looks really totaly nice.
______

Originally Posted by The Best Isaac View Post
You make some valid points, especially the legal issue is something I also thought about after I finished the icon.
In case of legal issues i think its kinda 50/50. It's not a clone but still very close.
I kno of cases with less similarity in work of designers/companies who
got sued and lost upon court. Theres a risk but not so much like b4, so its up to you guys.

_

About the peak of the bubble: Yeah, it's to close to the edge, but if you shift the bubble more to the right it's no longer centered and that would look weird (though it's already not completely centered but it's hard to notice).
I kno it's almost centred. Well you could try to make the bubble a bit smaller.
Mayb better to try to make the peak smaller. A more drastic way would be not to use a circle form.

_

The reason why I didn't (and won't) create a complete redesigned icon is because I'm acutally not a designer
If this is a option for you and tgalal I can help you and give you some ideas or even sum mockups. Jus holla at me.

Last edited by hriday.; 2012-04-27 at 21:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hriday. For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
So Tgalal.

How is the app doing with battery power? If this app uses push notifications can we expect a good battery life?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tampico, México
BTW the new app ICON shown in the first post of this page looks way better than the original. It will give the Nokia N9 its own uniqueness, the way it was intended to be in the first place. Id choose it over the generic one any day!

Please consider it Tgalal!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dcastrog For This Useful Post:
The reason why I didn't (and won't) create a complete redesigned icon is because I'm acutally not a designer, I just composed some elements which were alread there because I happen to know how to use Illustrator and have some basic design knowledge.

So if tgalal cares about the icon this would be my altered version:
@The Best Isaac, just a suggestion..why don't we put the bubble tip on all of the four corners of the squircle...since (I think) that is what really is the core of WhatsApp- is to have a multiple conversations in one go.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hriday. View Post
@The Best Isaac: This version looks really totaly nice.[/COLOR]
Thank you. I also like it better than the first version.

In case of legal issues i think its kinda 50/50. It's not a clone but still very close.
I kno of cases with less similarity in work of designers/companies who
got sued and lost upon court. Theres a risk but not so much like b4, so its up to you guys.
Yes, the similarity is still there. But the same goes to the app name "Wazapp": It's not the original name but if you know the original WhatsApp messenger you'll know that it was the reference for this app.

I kno it's almost centred. Well you could try to make the bubble a bit smaller.
Mayb better to try to make the peak smaller. A more drastic way would be not to use a circle form.

If this is a option for you and tgalal I can help you and give you some ideas or even sum mockups. Jus holla at me.
I've included the Illustrator source file in the zip package, so feel free to design a new icon and post it here. But of course it's up to tgalal to decide which icon he'll include.

Originally Posted by chasetheangel View Post
@The Best Isaac, just a suggestion..why don't we put the bubble tip on all of the four corners of the squircle...since (I think) that is what really is the core of WhatsApp- is to have a multiple conversations in one go.
We'll, nice idea in theory, but i don't think this will work because people wouldn't recognize it as a bubble anymore.

Last edited by The Best Isaac; 2012-04-28 at 09:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Best Isaac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Jarige View Post
I already videocalled with Skype once. I had a wifi connection and I made a video call with someone on an iPad with my N900. The quality of the front camera really sucks, but it worked nonetheless. I didn't do any configuration or anything.
This was with a wifi connection, both of us where on the same network.
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I just wanted to state this
I was referring to video call on N9 not N900

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Hey Tgalal and thanx a million for the Good work,

1) What's going to happen if someone sends us Media files since it's not yet supported?

2) Is Whatapp paid for, if so how will this payment be made to them since the N9 version is not produced by them?

3) Also, when you check in Whatsapp Webside, they saying it's a hoax that they'll be charging for this App, but Wikipedia has the following :
Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Symbian and Nokia S40 users can use the app 1 year for free, whereafter they have to pay US$1.99 (or local equivalent) per year. iPhone users can buy the app for a one-off fee of US$0.99 (or local equivalent) although the app is occasionally free for limited periods
. What's the truth here?

The app is free but the service isn't. After a year you'll have to pay $2/year.

You can see it on Account info -> Service expires: ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tgalal View Post
I'm not sure about LPS as for some reason I can't get the main standby screen to show on N950 (not supported maybe?), but definitely it would be on Todo list
You are right. As the N950 does not have an AMOLED display, it cannot have the LPS, because that would consume just as much battery as having the display fully activated. So, the LPS does only exist on the N9.

Thank you for your great work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to damaltor For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls